Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

For the Bristolians .........

For the Bristolians .........

Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:56 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute
Default For the Bristolians .........

A bit sad to read this I spent many a happy hour here as a kid (I was easily pleased!!) ....... can't believe it's gone

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/...l/article.html
Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For the Bristolians .........

Hi B., sorry I didn't see your post before I posted. Yes, a sad day for Weston, the pier is still smoldering and basically the fire brigade watched much of it burn because they had trouble getting water to the structure because the tide was out (as usual).
Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:56 am
Bristolish expat

bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Hi B., sorry I didn't see your post before I posted. Yes, a sad day for Weston, the pier is still smoldering and basically the fire brigade watched much of it burn because they had trouble getting water to the structure because the tide was out (as usual).
Yep, it wasn't called Weston-super-mud for nothing
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Sad, sad news. I got up this morning and saw it on The Guardian site.

I had my first ever dodgem ride on that pier.

Speaking of Bristol, did you see those astonishing increases in gas and electricity detailed in the Post?

Bloody outrageous.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:40 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Marvellous:

Thank you for your vote

Results for: Can Weston-super-Mare recover from the loss of its biggest tourist attraction?

51%: Yes

51%: No

121 votes cast.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:32 pm
Bristolish expat

Originally Posted by bazzz
Marvellous:
Indeed

These are some of the readers quotes from the local paper ..........

Anyone fancy a BBQ Donkey Burger?

I'm really upset about this. I'd just put my washing out and now it all stinks of smoke!

hope they builed s new one cose that was the beast thing in weston

As a proud west midlander i can say that me and my family are devestated, when we come down next week for the summer we will have nowhere to spend all our 1 and 2ps we have saved over the year! My shellsuit pockets will be empty of change for the slots! Dont worry we will still be coming to see the donkeys and build some mud castles

Squark! Squark! Squark! , which, translated for humans means... 'Bum, we had our nests on the roof of that place, plus one of the highlights of the summer was terrorising the old folk who for some unknown reason, would sit there in the midday sun, wearing their coats and drinking from a thermos flask. Not to mention the idiots who used the yellow train, who are we suppose to poo on now?'
Squark!
Sid the Seagull, BURNham
Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:21 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C9EaDl...eature=related