Brexit benefit

Old Sep 29th 2021, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit benefit

Originally Posted by BEVS
Well poo.

I thought this was supposed to be a bit light hearted, tongue in cheek . It's quickly morphed into yet more of the same.
Trouble is, we're a bit short of qualifying material!
Old Sep 29th 2021, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
That doesn't write anything in stone. Especially if it was politicians who said it.

The problem with Britain heading back to the EU is they had such a good deal before and likely would not get as good terms again. It was better to keep renegotiating from within than to tare out and try and start again. For now the course is set and Britain phases a tough transition period which at some point will almost certainly involve the loosening of immigration and movement once more.
Eh? All members join on the same terms as all other members, with the exception that all new members have to use the Euro as their currency, whereas current members that didn't join the Euro are able to keep their opt out.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I wasn't thinking of that. I was thinking that next time a campaign is run on the basis things like a lie on a big red bus that people might be a bit more discerning.
I seriously doubt that. The days when, after a screw up, ministers all around the world resigned have long since disappeared and I doubt very much that most of the electorate believe that any politician will do what they have campaigned on doing.

I don't know how politics operates on a day to day basis in the UK now but, essentially, politics has become so divisive now that I suspect that no one really cares what the parties' campaigns actually say, they simply vote for whichever party their social media feed pushes them to vote for.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

How much is this "brexit benefit" and how do i apply?
Old Sep 29th 2021, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
How much is this "brexit benefit" and how do i apply?
Well seeing as the UK has a shortage of HGV drivers and apparently firms are willing to pay more for drivers with some allegedly offering 57K a year perhaps this is a good place

https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/hgv-driver-jobs
Old Sep 29th 2021, 4:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I seriously doubt that. The days when, after a screw up, ministers all around the world resigned have long since disappeared and I doubt very much that most of the electorate believe that any politician will do what they have campaigned on doing.
Certainly the accountability that there once was has all but disappeared. One might even say that deviousness is oddly admired. But...

I don't know how politics operates on a day to day basis in the UK now but, essentially, politics has become so divisive now that I suspect that no one really cares what the parties' campaigns actually say, they simply vote for whichever party their social media feed pushes them to vote for.
But maybe really visible stuff like gaps on shelves and queues at the pumps of the places that are not actually closed might be more likely to register with people than other matters that can be argued over.