Breakfast Choices

Old Nov 10th 2019, 7:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Breakfast Choices

Croissants with bacon and a bit of melted gruyere cheese which had to be used.
Old Nov 14th 2019, 1:01 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Corned beef hash and fried eggs, toast.
Old Nov 24th 2019, 9:54 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

It was membership appreciation day at the Serbian Club, and they sold 340 steak dinners in advance for $3 ea so I had an 80z sirloin, potato salad, beans, and dinner roll and 2 lagers for breakfast.
Old Nov 24th 2019, 11:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

l lightly sauteed onion, peppers and mushrooms in a tsp of EVOO, and made an omelette with 2 eggs (Sunday splurge) added spinach and 1oz of soft plain goat cheese and served it with a slice of dry rye toast. I really like the way goat cheese 'melts' slightly, creating a creaminess to the inner parts of the omelette and a nice 'tang'. (I hate it if the egg is semi cooked and soft.. with stringy bits of semi cooked white that looks like snot, stomach churning)

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 24th 2019 at 11:36 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2019, 3:51 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I had to go to work early, so it's a late breakfast; Lemon Hart and eggnog and those little mince pies.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 10:59 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Fried egg and a few (leftover) roast potatoes. Heavenly. Completely different to leftover boiled spud, then fried.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 2:15 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I had breakfast burritos; sausage, onions, scrambled eggs, refried beans and shredded cheese with green chili sauce in whole wheat tortillas.
Old Dec 15th 2019, 7:57 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

In actuality I haven't eaten breakfast in the last ten years. Apart from some romantic vision of a working class cafe where blokes were eating a full English, two of toast and a mug of tea while smoking and reading tabloid news papers, I really don't miss it.
Old Dec 15th 2019, 1:50 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oink
In actuality I haven't eaten breakfast in the last ten years. Apart from some romantic vision of a working class cafe where blokes were eating a full English, two of toast and a mug of tea while smoking and reading tabloid news papers, I really don't miss it.
You've posted pictures of what you have for breakfast and some of it is straight out of Fear Factor. I'm sure it's very nutritious though. The price you pay for those boozy nights and Nando's and chicken wing night at Humpty's.
Will you have kippers for Christmas?
Old Dec 15th 2019, 2:26 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

We have brunch at my mum's place every Sunday. She usually insists on doing all the food, but with the heatwave we've been having she's been a bit tired, so we finally got her to agree to not do any food at all but to let us all bring something. Between mum's adult children, her grandchildren, and a few little great-grandchildren, we ended up with this:

Homemade sausage rolls and small pies
Homemade mini pizzas
Curried egg sandwiches
Ham and chutney sandwiches
Platter of cheese, pickles, olives and crackers
Cheese muffins
Sushi platter
Carton of Krispy Kreme donuts (yes, one of the grandkid's contributions)
Fruit platter
Fruit mince pies
Lemon tarts
Cupcakes
Large carrot cake
Large passionfruit cheesecake

Of course, each person brought enough to feed everyone. Mum looked at this mad collection of food overflowing her kitchen table, and remarked that she thinks we'll go back to the old way
Old Dec 15th 2019, 6:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
...Curried egg sandwiches

Of course, each person brought enough to feed everyone. Mum looked at this mad collection of food overflowing her kitchen table, and remarked that she thinks we'll go back to the old way
Or repeat it at Christmas and keep coming back until it's all gone.

Old Dec 15th 2019, 10:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

Or repeat it at Christmas and keep coming back until it's all gone.
Oh most of it was eaten, Mum's 'food is love' motto has had a big influence on her descendants

ps I made the sandwiches, curried egg is a particular favourite in this family. And I did the two large cakes
Old Dec 16th 2019, 1:24 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
ps I made the sandwiches, curried egg is a particular favourite in this family. And I did the two large cakes
How do you make your curried egg?

Old Dec 16th 2019, 1:39 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by BristolUK
How do you make your curried egg?
Hard boiled eggs mashed well, a little salt, whole egg mayo and curry powder. Must use proper butter on the bread!
Old Dec 16th 2019, 2:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I had a breakfast pizza...2 eggs, crispy bacon, ham, sautéed onions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.