Bollx!!!!!!

Old Oct 27th 2008, 11:58 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bollx!!!!!!

Originally Posted by dbd33
No snow settled on us though lots blew around. Weird though, I had to come to Toronto via Mississauga (between Port Credit and Clarkson) and they still had leaves on the trees and warm weather. It's as if they're a month behind us.
That is indeed a strange part of the world. I remember Oakville and Mississauga often having very different weather, despite being next door to each other.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
No snow settled on us though lots blew around. Weird though, I had to come to Toronto via Mississauga (between Port Credit and Clarkson) and they still had leaves on the trees and warm weather. It's as if they're a month behind us.
Urban heat island in full force. If you live out in the country, the nights are colder and likely the wind can blow the leaves off the trees quite easily and your first frost probably occurred before it did along the Lake Ontario shoreline.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by clynnog
Urban heat island in full force. If you live out in the country, the nights are colder and likely the wind can blow the leaves off the trees quite easily and your first frost probably occurred before it did along the Lake Ontario shoreline.
You're really into heat islands, aren't you?
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:35 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I think it's probably the moderating effect of the lake and the lack of exposure to wind more than an urban heat island, that area's more leafy 'burb than concrete jungle.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Souvenir
yep, I remember having to research them in a physical geography course at university and the knowledge has sort of stuck.

Living along the lakeshore in Etobicoke and working in Brampton let me see it 1st hand.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

MAN2YKF is an unknown quantity at this point

I would rather have cold windy rain days like the UK than have snow after snow, bitter cold and having to shovel everyday day? No thanks!
Roll on spring!

Last edited by MAN2YKF; Oct 28th 2008 at 2:21 am.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by MAN2YKF
I would rather have cold windy rain days like the UK than have snow after snow, bitter cold and having to shovel everyday day? No thanks!
Roll on spring!
You are perhaps in the wrong country.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:05 am
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Snow? Crowing just ever so slightly here..... other half and I sat by the river yesterday afternoon, no jacket required (in fact I was too darned hot and had to go find some shade). We plan on doing it again today because the weather is going to be a repeat of yesterday. Mind you, the rain is due back on Friday. Oh well, life's tough in lotus land especially when you're retired