Body World Exhibit

Old Sep 6th 2010, 9:56 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Body World Exhibit

Originally Posted by el_richo
Brilliant
Not that I can tell for sure, but I'm certain you are being sarcastic.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:11 am
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm seriously thinking of plastinating the dog. I'll probably be using a combination of Araldite & Turtle Wax.
I'm guessing sooner or later, considering the rate he's chewing through flip flops, so if anyone is interested in a "how to" thread I'd be happy to oblige...
He obviously cannot consent to this procedure but I'm sure he would if he could. I'm planning to pose him as if playing a small piano whilst wearing a Fez..
If my endevours prove successful I will be on trying it out on other pets & wild animals in the area..
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:18 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joe_Sleepy
I'm seriously thinking of plastinating the dog. I'll probably be using a combination of Araldite & Turtle Wax.
I'm guessing sooner or later, considering the rate he's chewing through flip flops, so if anyone is interested in a "how to" thread I'd be happy to oblige...
He obviously cannot consent to this procedure but I'm sure he would if he could. I'm planning to pose him as if playing a small piano whilst wearing a Fez..
If my endevours prove successful I will be on trying it out on other pets & wild animals in the area..
No, no, no. That's cruel and barbaric. You need to pose him playing poker and cheating, though the fez can probably stay as it adds ambience.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:21 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Do they have a bar?
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:05 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Think big, Joe! Gunther has done a whole camel, so a dog isn't going to impress anyone, even with a fez.
But if a dog is all you've got, a thin veneer of fake science seems to up the interest level, so consider that angle to increase your show's appeal.
Perhaps have the dog smoking a Marlborough with its lungs out? It woudn't be a beagle, by any chance, would it? Also, take time to fatten it up beforehand - if it is obese, that's 2 'educational' points you score!
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
Think big, Joe! Gunther has done a whole camel, so a dog isn't going to impress anyone, even with a fez.
But if a dog is all you've got, a thin veneer of fake science seems to up the interest level, so consider that angle to increase your show's appeal.
Perhaps have the dog smoking a Marlborough with its lungs out? It woudn't be a beagle, by any chance, would it? Also, take time to fatten it up beforehand - if it is obese, that's 2 'educational' points you score!
Can you implant some kittens into it's uterus too? "Dog pregnant with kittens" would just escalate the whole thing to a new level of special.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Tuppence
Can you implant some kittens into it's uterus too? "Dog pregnant with kittens" would just escalate the whole thing to a new level of special.
I'd pay to see that.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:53 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

All good ideas.
I have an old Furbie & am wondering if animatronics is the way to go, if this proves to be a viable option I'm inclined not to make too shocking as it may prove a problem if I want to go the childrens' party hire route in the future.
The entire process will have to be put back a little as the girls are a little upset by the idea so I've decided to do the whole thing in stages so that they can used to the idea. I'm also thinking that this may have an upside when walking him in wet weather as the process should waterproof him & thus drastically cut down on wet dog smell....
Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:59 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Do they have a bar?
No just a coffee place! pfft
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:16 pm
Displaced Disgrace

There was a raccoon in the road when I went to get the girls from the school bus. I had a set of those clockwork chattering teeth & as they say "Nothing ventured nothing gained".
I'm both surprised & pleased with the results, the kids received it very well, so well that I think I'll press on with the dog regardless.

Note: Obviously I didn't plastinate the raccoon as that would have been both impractical & stupid, they are extremely fluffy for one thing. The dog is an English Bull Terrier & as such has a much more manageable "pelt" so to speak...

All of this talk of Gunther Von Hagens has me a little confused, surely it was Kenneth Williams & Fenella Fielding who perfected the process of plastination back in the mid 1960's.!?..
Old Sep 7th 2010, 8:13 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

All of this talk of Gunther Von Hagens has me a little confused, surely it was Kenneth Williams & Fenella Fielding who perfected the process of plastination back in the mid 1960's.!?..
I thought their process was a little Odd-Bod
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:13 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you about to merge this with the 'favourite film quotes' thread?

"Frying tonight!"
Old Sep 8th 2010, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond repute

We took the kids at the end of June. I personally enjoyed the show, OH was like "whatever" the kids, 6 and 8 found the concept of the smokers lung fascinating and the way the body all works together and I suppose, from this lots of really positive conversations about diet, life choices etc came up.

My husband and I were both pretty unimpressed at the life cycle part where you walk in and see the zygotes, as they were basically for any woman who has every miscarried a pretty exact replica. I do think they ought to give some sort of warning just how graphic that part it is rather than have people walk in where they could be really quite upset.

Lastly, on the way out, we wrote in the visitors book. Mainly because the nut job above us in the book had written that he was a Southern Baptist and that he felt that all of us who had chosen to go would be judged by God for the evil that had been done and was on show in the room. I was pretty shocked and you don't really want to know how I responded, but an interesting point none the less...................................

And I never forgot they were really bodies and played with the one that you see as you walked through the door hanging up on the right side until my 6 year old screamed at me! Honest!

A thoughtful,
Mrs Miggins x

Last edited by Mistress Miggins; Sep 8th 2010 at 3:49 am. Reason: because I'm tired, human and make typos ok!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2010, 4:04 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mistress Miggins
We took the kids at the end of June. I personally enjoyed the show, OH was like "whatever" the kids, 6 and 8 found the concept of the smokers lung fascinating and the way the body all works together and I suppose, from this lots of really positive conversations about diet, life choices etc came up.

My husband and I were both pretty unimpressed at the life cycle part where you walk in and see the zygotes, as they were basically for any woman who has every miscarried a pretty exact replica. I do think they ought to give some sort of warning just how graphic that part it is rather than have people walk in where they could be really quite upset.

Lastly, on the way out, we wrote in the visitors book. Mainly because the nut job above us in the book had written that he was a Southern Baptist and that he felt that all of us who had chosen to go would be judged by God for the evil that had been done and was on show in the room. I was pretty shocked and you don't really want to know how I responded, but an interesting point none the less...................................

And I never forgot they were really bodies and played with the one that you see as you walked through the door hanging up on the right side until my 6 year old screamed at me! Honest!

A thoughtful,
Mrs Miggins x
UM- so wouldnt the nut job baptist be judged too??
Old Sep 8th 2010, 5:32 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by Mistress Miggins

My husband and I were both pretty unimpressed at the life cycle part where you walk in and see the zygotes, as they were basically for any woman who has every miscarried [B]a pretty exact replica[/B]. I do think they ought to give some sort of warning just how graphic that part it is rather than have people walk in where they could be really quite upset.

A thoughtful,
Mrs Miggins x
Hmmmmm..........(see highlighted sections). Contradictory.
As for the Baptist, some people just want to be offended. I don't agree with the show (but not for religious reasons like this person), so I wouldn't go. It's not like people don't know what is in it by now - it has been around for quite some years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.