Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Bill Cosby but not funny stuff this time

Bill Cosby but not funny stuff this time

Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bill Cosby but not funny stuff this time

I just came across this. This is attributed to comedian Bill Cosby. I would like to know someone can spot any inaccuracies in what is shown below. Even if is is not the height of political correctness.

NAACP leaders stunned by remarks of prominent comedian.� This is why!!

Can't Blame White People
by Bill Cosby

They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
I can't even talk the way these people talk:
Why you ain't, Where you is, What he drive, Where he stay, Where he work, Who you be...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
And then I heard the father talk.
Everybody knows it's important to speak English... except these knuckleheads.
Mushmouth is what they speak!�
You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.
People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an education,
and now we've got these knuckleheads throwing that all away.�
The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.
These people are not parenting.
They are buying things for kids. $500 sneakers for what?
And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.
I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.
Where were you when he was 2? Where were you when he was 12? Where were you when he was 18?
And, how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?
And where is the father? Or who is his father?
People putting their clothes on backward:
Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?
They're walking around with their nasty underwear showing, and holding onto their pants to keep them from falling to the ground!

Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up? Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up to her panty line, and got all types of needle piercings going through her body?
What part of Africa did this come from? We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans;
they don't know a thing about Africa. With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap, and all of them are in jail. Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.
We have got to take the neighborhood back.
People used to be ashamed.
Today a woman has eight children
with eight different 'husbands' --
or men or whatever you call them now.
We have millionaire football players who cannot read.
We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs.
We as black folks have to do a better job.
Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids saying... you are hurting us.
We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.
We cannot blame the white people any longer.
It is not for media or anyone of this time anymore to say whether I'm right or wrong.
It is time, ladies and gentlemen, to look at the numbers.
Fifty percent of our children are dropping out of high school.
Sixty percent of the incarcerated males happen to be illiterate. There's a correlation.
Tell the media to stop asking me what I think about people who don't believe what I'm saying or feel that I'm too harsh or feel that I'm just running my mouth because I'm old. Seventy percent of the teenagers pregnant happen to be African American girls. Don't ask me to soften my message.

Bill Cosby

Last edited by montreal mike; Feb 7th 2007 at 11:50 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:59 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bill Cosby but not funny stuff this time

"pants down around the crack,
isn't that a sign of something?"

I didn't assocate that tendency with Blacks.... just with plumbers.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:23 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

It is correctly attributed to Bill Cosby. http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/cosby.asp
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:53 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

While much of what he says is probably correct, he doesn't address the causes. Perhaps African Americans have been conditioned to behave in a certain way by a white-dominated American society. If you set someone's sights low, they will go down to meet them.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

What a Crock ... and it ain't butter.

If a PERSON sets their sights low, they will meet them. Society be darned. It has to do with respect ... for yourself, motivation to excel and accomplish, blacks had it before just note the strides they made in the early 1900's and the 50's and 60's and 70's.

As for wearing their pants too big and down around their hips, they are doing this in imitation of their "brothers" in jail who are not allowed the use of belts to hold their pants up.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:55 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
What a Crock ... and it ain't butter.

If a PERSON sets their sights low, they will meet them. Society be darned. It has to do with respect ... for yourself, motivation to excel and accomplish, blacks had it before just note the strides they made in the early 1900's and the 50's and 60's and 70's.

As for wearing their pants too big and down around their hips, they are doing this in imitation of their "brothers" in jail who are not allowed the use of belts to hold their pants up.

Society at large can, and does, decide on behalf of an individual where the sights should be set.

I can see this thread turning into a slanging match and will contribute to it no more.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:58 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
"pants down around the crack,
isn't that a sign of something?"

I didn't assocate that tendency with Blacks.... just with plumbers.
But not handsome and charming plumbers with buns of steel... unfortunately.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 4:41 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
But not handsome and charming plumbers with buns of steel... unfortunately.
Does such a beast exist?????
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Well, I saw it in a video.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:46 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Well, I saw it in a video.
.... and from that day on your have fantasized.... and wished for a leaky faucet?
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
.... and from that day on your have fantasized.... and wished for a leaky faucet?
A leaky faucet? That's probably that last thing I fantasize about!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
yes i am married to him
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:14 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

is it not a case blacks fought so hard to be treated like any white person! and then to mix with eachother to bring peace and harmony.is it not a case that people did mix and now they dress the same-act the same and call eachother bro.only somewhere along the line the weapons and drugs came in to it all and things went badly wrong?.I still think some of mothers and fathers have a lot to answer for.more so those who bring children in to this world and then cant be bothered when the going gets tuff.there is always someone who will have a bitter pill somewhere.we would all love the perfect world,even Bill Cosby.I think his way of doing and saying things is right and wrong.but thats just meI would love the world to be one big happy family.but its not and to this day and age I cant see why! but then even I open my big mouth without thinking and what ever I think at the time.I say it and then later think oh bull.but I would not do a Bill Cosby being famous.mabe he should come and join expat,he would soon be put in his place
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:28 am
mañana is my busiest day

A leaky faucet? That's probably that last thing I fantasize about!
No, that's so you could call a plumber ... a handsome and charming one "with buns of steel".... you'd get to see his crack.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:40 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

guess your not a happy bunnie eh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.