Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Best for nights out in Edmonton

Best for nights out in Edmonton

Old Sep 1st 2006, 4:15 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best for nights out in Edmonton

Ok, so aside from the sports, night classes and things like that, can someone please point me in the right direction for evenings out - good pubs, restaurants, nice little coffee houses etc. I know Whyte Ave holds a few but I didn't go out there....Also, are there pubs or whatever where hubby and I can play pool? We are homely people as well but it'd be nice to know where to start...

I've read the Where Edmonton but it's good to have personal perspectives

Thanks everyone
Old Sep 5th 2006, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

simon_healy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best for nights out in Edmonton

Hi Ki76
Depends where you are living. We live on the south side of the city not far from south common and the Calgary Trail, there are a few sports bars around that have pool tables, dart boards etc...
Also there is the Gateway Bowling Centre (Calgary Trail and 34th Ave.) which has alot of pool tables and a good bar, they do pretty good food also.
Out in the West End (If you are near West Ed Mall) You can go to Eds. They also have bowling etc... I do not know what is like at nights but during the day it has a pretty young crowd (I work for the mall at the moment and see them all the time)
Not sure of anywhere on the north side or out east. In know on other person on the forum R2D2 lives out near Sherwood Park and they might know of a few other places in the city.
Simon

Originally Posted by Ki76
Ok, so aside from the sports, night classes and things like that, can someone please point me in the right direction for evenings out - good pubs, restaurants, nice little coffee houses etc. I know Whyte Ave holds a few but I didn't go out there....Also, are there pubs or whatever where hubby and I can play pool? We are homely people as well but it'd be nice to know where to start...

I've read the Where Edmonton but it's good to have personal perspectives

Thanks everyone
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:50 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best for nights out in Edmonton

Originally Posted by simon_healy
Hi Ki76
Depends where you are living. We live on the south side of the city not far from south common and the Calgary Trail, there are a few sports bars around that have pool tables, dart boards etc...
Also there is the Gateway Bowling Centre (Calgary Trail and 34th Ave.) which has alot of pool tables and a good bar, they do pretty good food also.
Out in the West End (If you are near West Ed Mall) You can go to Eds. They also have bowling etc... I do not know what is like at nights but during the day it has a pretty young crowd (I work for the mall at the moment and see them all the time)
Not sure of anywhere on the north side or out east. In know on other person on the forum R2D2 lives out near Sherwood Park and they might know of a few other places in the city.
Simon
Thanks Simon, much appreciated