Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

THE BEST BE MEMBER AWARD GOES TO BURTONBUNCH :-)

THE BEST BE MEMBER AWARD GOES TO BURTONBUNCH :-)

Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:20 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default THE BEST BE MEMBER AWARD GOES TO BURTONBUNCH :-)

Well lady the reason i didnt want anyone else to put on expats what had happened is because i wanted to make sure people knew what a brilliant, fantastic, loving, unselfish, awesome person you really are.......................

Exactly aweek today Burtonbunch received a call to get to my house as i need her to sit with my kids whilst my OH took me to hospital, she turned up at my house to the full fire and ambulance crew (dont worry no one noticed how the car was parked )
you took control of my kids and you looked after them and my OH, don't you worry i saw you
I am so glad that i have a friend like you, but as you know the kids class you more like a auntie than a friend these days.
You knew that this condition ran in my family, but non of us knew that it would be me as well that would carry the genes............
I think after the last few months, i am not surprised that i took a beating, but i never thought at my age that i would have a heart attack........
Apparently i lost the fight a few times that night, but that doctor went that bit extra and i also owe my life to him, i know i am famous down there, but i'll see them in time

At first i wanted to be private on this, but you know what...............i really dont give a fat rats ass anymore, because i want the expats that come to our brilliant city know that there is some unselfish people living here

1. BurtonBunch
2.Mrs Miggins

((Also jo as well, but she no longer comes on these boards ))

Knowing that you two was there for my kids helped me so much, my OH is a star, but hes my OH, but you just need the best award anyone can have, even now i am back home i know that the help and support you two give mean more than just friends, like you said tonight Mrs if you had lost me the bridge wouldnt have been the same, the same goes to you as well, the bridge was empty without you, now our group is enriched with some real amazing ladys.......................
It will be some time before i am back running/skipping - But i know who my true friends are, the people of this town surprised me that night and i am so pleased that my kids now class you as auntie's
So now that i am on my stress blockers and Mrs is on her truth tablets, we need to find a fix for you .........

So here is to many happy years as friends/family and it doesnt matter where we all end up in the world, we all know that we will be there for each other

Thanks Girls
LB
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE BEST BE MEMBER AWARD GOES TO BURTONBUNCH :-)

Awww - that's lovely.

Blimey mrs lancashirebird - you sure have had a trying year (she says with mild understatement) !

I hope you are feeling a lot better soon. Take great care
Old Nov 5th 2009, 6:15 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

A well deserved award and thanks from me up here as well.

When the chips are down you can count on real friends. We're all glad you pulled through - you gave us quite a scare (especially when your husb logged into your /FB to let us know what was going on - we all thought you'd taken your laptop into hospital hahaha)

A lovely post from a lovely lady to some more lovely ladies x
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
A well deserved award and thanks from me up here as well.

When the chips are down you can count on real friends. We're all glad you pulled through - you gave us quite a scare (especially when your husb logged into your /FB to let us know what was going on - we all thought you'd taken your laptop into hospital hahaha)

A lovely post from a lovely lady to some more lovely ladies x
I second this. We should all count ourselves lucky to have a friend like BB. Oh and you better be resting madam, you know we are all spying on you!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 8:00 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I don't know any of you ladies but by god that brought a tear to my eye, I am sat here in work sniffling and trying to stop my mascara running.

LB take care of yourself and how lucky you are to have some wonderful friends. x

Gaynor and Mrs M - you are wonderful people and I hope I make some fantastic friends like you when I move next year.

Karen

Last edited by kazbob; Nov 5th 2009 at 8:18 am.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.......that was a shocker to read!!!!!

Bigs hugs to all.....and of course health and happiness.

Here's to true friends.

Linda
Old Nov 5th 2009, 12:52 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda P
Wow.......that was a shocker to read!!!!!

Bigs hugs to all.....and of course health and happiness.

Here's to true friends.

Linda
Couldnt have said it better
Old Nov 5th 2009, 1:27 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Wow LB you've been through the ringer girl! Beautiful post, thank god for great friends and family - so glad you have wonderful people around you.

Keep well hun X
Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

You really dont have to thank me bird but thank you any hoo's.

Just glad we have you back in town - will be there soon when this frantic week quietens
Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:12 pm

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point

yes ..i agree.......gaynor deserves an award for her help at times of emergency.....she is a good friend whom i am sure you will cherish forever!
your a lucky girl!!
angela x
Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:22 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done to all who helped LB in this time of crisis Gaynor, Mrs Miggins and LB's family.

Although they aren't likely to read this forum all the first responders and health professionals who made sure we still have LB with us.

Thank you one and all.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:29 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for all
Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:33 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

take care of yourself LB, true friends are worth more than gold
Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:53 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Lots of love and hugs to you all.

Hope you feel better soon LB
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Hope you are feeling better soon LB.

Must have been such a weight off your mind having freinds you could rely on at such an awful time in your life.

Take care

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.