Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Best Christmas Present!!!!!!!!

Best Christmas Present!!!!!!!!

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

yellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant futureyellowbelly has a brilliant future
Smile Best Christmas Present!!!!!!!!

Can't believe it 3 days before Christmas and we had a viewing on our house. Today they bring mother round for a second opinion and the 5 minutes before the estate agent's close we agree a price for our house. They have a cash buyer for their house so it's a short strong chain

Can't do anything until the New year as the solicitors are closed until then, the SOLD sign is up what a feeling!!!

Last edited by yellowbelly; Dec 22nd 2008 at 6:35 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best Christmas Present!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by yellowbelly View Post
Can't believe it 3 days before Christmas and we had a viewing on our house. Today they bring mother round for a second opinion and the 5 minutes before the estate agent's close we agree a price for our house. They have a cash buyer for their house so it's a short strong chain

Can't do anything until the New year as the solicitors are closed until then, the SOLD sign is up what a feeling!!!
Congatulations. Hope it all goes smoothly and you can exchange soon.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:07 pm

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!

I remember the estate agents closing in the UK at Saturday lunchtime so everything had to stop until Monday morning. Our buyer, who had verbally agreed the price, knew we were off to Canada and tried to bull**it us into selling at a ridiculously low price over the week-end just before we left. We called her bluff and all was OK thank goodness.

Realtors here in BC keep going until 1am if need be, to get the contract agreed between seller and buyer...at least they earn their money, even if it is a bit steep!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:08 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, what a relief,

Fingers x you get a quick and smooth exchange
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 4:47 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

I got the best Christmas present today as well. We have been here 3 years, and had to sponsor my step son.... Two months to the day since the gave approval, and we have been told he has been given permanent residency. He is with us in Canada, and I just sent off money to extend his visitors visa today!! Canadian Affair cancelled his return flight for 17th Dec, and his 6 months is up in January. Dont expect they will give me a refund! He will be so happy and we dont intend to tell him until Christmas Day. What a present for him, and us. I am sooooooo happy. This is the first Christmas we will have together for years. Good luck to you. good things come to those who wait, honestly. Happy Christmas
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, hope it all goes smoothly for you

Originally Posted by gooding View Post
I got the best Christmas present today as well. We have been here 3 years, and had to sponsor my step son.... Two months to the day since the gave approval, and we have been told he has been given permanent residency. He is with us in Canada, and I just sent off money to extend his visitors visa today!! Canadian Affair cancelled his return flight for 17th Dec, and his 6 months is up in January. Dont expect they will give me a refund! He will be so happy and we dont intend to tell him until Christmas Day. What a present for him, and us. I am sooooooo happy. This is the first Christmas we will have together for years. Good luck to you. good things come to those who wait, honestly. Happy Christmas
aww thats lovely

Have a fab Christmas everyone
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, what a way to end the year
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant futureThomasst has a brilliant future

We sold our house in Norfolk (near Acle) 15 months ago and it was such a relief , The Estate agents feel as though they have to do nothing to help out and you get some stupid offers from idiots who are in for a quick steal because they think you are desperate to out of the UK. ( the latter being true of course) . I was here 8 months without the wife and children and we were longing to be together but some of the offers my wife received were insulting ,I bet they wouldn't have even tried if I had been there. Estate Agents ( we used 3 )were all pretty poor,not quite sure what they do apart from the advertising.
Anyway, apologies for the little rant. Good Luck with the house sale. Realtors here are on "the ball "and work endless hours to secure a sale so expect calls late into the evening when buying.
To anyone who looked at my house in Norfolk and offered a stupid price..may a certain part of your anatomy go square and fester at the corners! Not that I am bitter you understand !