Becoming a Senior

Old Aug 24th 2022, 9:25 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Becoming a Senior

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I am now officially a Senior. Do I know what my OAS will be yet?
updates please, are you now a paid Canadian senior citizen, or are you having to continue for whatever eason finding the need to speak with someone at Human Resources Canada?

is it 3 or 4 or more collective pensions that you're getting eh!

UK works pension, UK state pension, OAS, GIS, CPP +provincial add-on's/top up's...likely you are you richer than you think?

Last edited by not2old; Aug 24th 2022 at 9:59 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2022, 12:10 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
updates please
It was here

Still not had April/July HST credits though.

But Seniors drug coverage is now in place.

Old Sep 21st 2022, 6:40 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
The thing is, as a Senior, I now qualify for the Provincial drug plan if some part of what I get is GIS and I believe that will be the case. That means no monthly premium (I pay $33 at the moment under the current system) and a halving in co-pays for each prescription.

But I can't register for the Seniors' scheme until I know for sure so right now I'm likely paying more than I should be. Fortunately I can afford it....
Just thought I'd come back on this.
So I got my Seniors drug coverage sorted and when confirmation came through they had backdated cancellation of the previous scheme from April. I was surprised at that because I just thought they would do it from the next available date.

Today I got a cheque (yes, a cheque) as refund for the monthly premiums.
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Mackem_66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here in the province of NannyStan, the government is typically not generous towards seniors. I was surprised however, to find that for the over 65s, hunting licenses for small game, deer and bear are free, whereas, for example, there is only a $2 reduction per night for seniors camping at provincial parks. I have invested in a Sako 30-06 rifle and Mossberg pump action shotgun in order to take advantage of this and hopefully put some meat on the table and a bit more spice in my life.
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mackem_66
Here in the province of NannyStan, the government is typically not generous towards seniors. I was surprised however, to find that for the over 65s, hunting licenses for small game, deer and bear are free, whereas, for example, there is only a $2 reduction per night for seniors camping at provincial parks. I have invested in a Sako 30-06 rifle and Mossberg pump action shotgun in order to take advantage of this and hopefully put some meat on the table and a bit more spice in my life.
What animal are you planning on taking out with the shotgun?