Beauty and the Beast

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Beauty and the Beast

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
June bugs haven't arrived up here yet.

They will be battering against your windows for the month of June then mysteriously disappear.

http://insectphotos.net/orders/coleo...4_june_bug.jpg

Now i know why so many wear caps!

I went out in the garden with the girls, i have pretty thick hair & it was hot so i thought ok, bunches will do for the garden.

The little buggers got me at the front of my parting & down the back of it!?
Now i look like a dandruff head, dark hair thick white cream, plus benadryl tablets off course to stop them looking like wasp bits.

Quite a few locals have smiled as they put no creams on & rarely get bitten?

NovaGirl
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I attract and react badly to most bugs that bite and sting. I bought Bite Shield from Costco about 5 years ago...it works for me...even wasps don't bother me so much. I can't find my old one and can't find anywhere that sells them so I've ordered one from here:

http://www.lentek.com/bite-shields.html
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I attract and react badly to most bugs that bite and sting. I bought Bite Shield from Costco about 5 years ago...it works for me...even wasps don't bother me so much. I can't find my old one and can't find anywhere that sells them so I've ordered one from here:

http://www.lentek.com/bite-shields.html

Thanks Jerseygirl, i have loads of sprays, creams, etc i think one that helps if i can remember is " Deep Woods " i hope i have the name right, possibly get an hour or two, but i have to take tablets to stop them getting out of control.
Once i run out i might try Bite Sheild.

NovaGirl
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NovaGirl
Thanks Jerseygirl, i have loads of sprays, creams, etc i think one that helps if i can remember is " Deep Woods " i hope i have the name right, possibly get an hour or two, but i have to take tablets to stop them getting out of control.
Once i run out i might try Bite Sheild.

NovaGirl
I've tried most of the creams, spray etc but if I miss a small spot the buggers get me there. A deer fly bit me on my toe and another time under my arm...it's impossible to cover everything.

I even clip the Bite Shield onto my swimsuit when I'm sunbathing/reading in the pool...that's when the deer/horse flies get me.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

I've tried most of the creams, spray etc but if I miss a small spot the buggers get me there. A deer fly bit me on my toe and another time under my arm...it's impossible to cover everything.

I even clip the Bite Shield onto my swimsuit when I'm sunbathing/reading in the pool...that's when the deer/horse flies get me.

The only thing is some of the locals & people i know laugh when i get near them as sometimes i put so much on spray & cream they can really smell it!

NovaGirl
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by NovaGirl
The only thing is some of the locals & people i know laugh when i get near them as sometimes i put so much on spray & cream they can really smell it!

NovaGirl
The thing which worries me about most of those products is that they melt plastic. So what the hell are they doing to your skin/body?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

The thing which worries me about most of those products is that they melt plastic. So what the hell are they doing to your skin/body?

Me too, i read some where to be careful putting too much deet onto your skin, but that is the product in " Deep Woods " which works pretty well up to a point?

I am hoping in time i am like the locals, not really affected

NovaGirl