Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Bears - gimme some love here............

Bears - gimme some love here............

Old Sep 27th 2009, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bears - gimme some love here............

Agree with Essex man. Travel through the Rockies - ideally in Spring time. When we make the 3hr-ish drive between our place and Prince George, we'll often see double figures of black bears (that's each way!) foraging on the verges and in the ditches. Loads of mums with cubs, too SOOOOOOOO cute (when you're driving past in a nice solid vehicle!)
Old Sep 27th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond reputeMistress Miggins has a reputation beyond repute

Well on our way back to our wee hidey hole, we went up to Chinook Lake which is a way up towards the Crows Nest Mountain, **** all in the way of bears. I think Steve P could be right that they are all getting ready to catch some zzzs for the winter. Last time and only time I see one was at Waterton, but the annoying thing is OH is seeing them from the air and I'm not! Doh!

Back to the city tomorrow morning where the only bear I'll be seeing is the smelly one attached to my daughter when she sleeps.

Hope you have all had a great weekend and thanks for telling me your tales

A rather more uplifted,
Mrs M xx
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Mistress Miggins;7970178]Well on our way back to our wee hidey hole, we went up to Chinook Lake which is a way up towards the Crows Nest Mountain, **** all in the way of bears.

Saw my one and only one so far, on the road back from Tofino he was only young so the cheeky so and so turned around to pose so got a great shot of him for the album yea
Old Sep 28th 2009, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Seen my first ON bears in the last few weeks. Working up in Sault Ste Marie at the moment and was on a promise that I'd see loads. Alas no.

Saw one waddling up to a lake just south of Parry Sound three weeks ago, then another in somebody's garden near Espanola last Tuesday eating their grass. None near the Soo yet. Hunting season starts soon so the only ones I'll see in the coming weeks I reckon, will be thrown in the backs of pick-up trucks...
Old Sep 28th 2009, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Went Ziplining at Whistler and saw bear there, just under the platform we were ziplining to.

Last week we saw a mother and 2 cubs in a field near Mission - we were driving at the time though, so no pics