Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Bathtub within the bedroom?

Bathtub within the bedroom?

Old Nov 30th 2016, 8:12 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bathtub within the bedroom?

I viewed a house that had a bath in the bedroom. I can't say I like the idea, but the bath was fancy enough that they could have made it work had they not also installed a toilet right next to it.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 9:57 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I viewed a house that had a bath in the bedroom. I can't say I like the idea, but the bath was fancy enough that they could have made it work had they not also installed a toilet right next to it.
Oh that's so wrong. So very, very wrong.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 11:41 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

We once looked at a large Victorian style house, in the northern fringes of the suburbs of NYC. It need a LOT of renovation, as the bathrooms, and kitchen, and presumably all the plumbing, dated from the 1950's or earlier. The plastered walls were destroyed (heavily cracked), and the single-glazed windows were obsolete and beyond repair. But what was oddest was that the owners had turned over the house to their adult children and moved onto a flat they had created in the attic.

The attic "living space" was one giant "room", probably close to 1,500sqft, with completely unfinished walls, the "ceiling" was just the underside of the roof shingles, and there was daylight visible around the chimney. It was completely self-contained, with the bath on a raised platform on one side fairly near the door, a toilet nearby, and an area that approximated to a kitchen. It was dusty and unpleasant, as you can imagine an unfinished attic would be, and as it lacked roof insulation it must have been as cold as hell in winter, and likely unpleasantly warm in summer. I often wondered what possessed them to come up with such a bizarre living arrangement.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 30th 2016 at 11:58 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 11:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I viewed a house that...in the bedroom...they... installed a toilet....
Was it a halfway house for the rehabilitation of ex cons so they had something they were at least used to?
Old Dec 1st 2016, 12:05 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Was it a halfway house for the rehabilitation of ex cons so they had something they were at least used to?
It was actually a big 4 poster bed with a large double bath with black tiled steps up each side. Without the toilet I could see that a certain type of person would think it was a romantic in that trashy way that north americans like.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 1:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Judging from my experience checking hotels for our two stays there, it's almost compulsory. Vibrating beds a bit less common.

(what is the idea behind vibrating beds anyway...you just couple up and let the bed do the rest?)
It's the same as a waterbed - designed for lazy lovers. You know, one push and there's 6 more behind it.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 1:12 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It's the same as a waterbed - designed for lazy lovers. You know, one push and there's 6 more behind it.
Yes, but one prick and it's all over.

(I'm sure I can get away with that word as it's used with medical connections all the time )
Old Dec 16th 2016, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

MegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond repute

Stayed in a god awful hotel in Toronto that had a pink jacuzzi in the bedroom plus en suite. Son (then 6) loved itπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Old Dec 16th 2016, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

CDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond repute

Judging from my experience checking hotels for our two stays there, it's almost compulsory. Vibrating beds a bit less common.

(what is the idea behind vibrating beds anyway...you just couple up and let the bed do the rest?)
Vibrating beds were common in Niagara Falls back in the 70's. You used to have to put a dime in the slot.