Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

A bank thats good for new permanant residents

A bank thats good for new permanant residents

Old Jan 14th 2011, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Budgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really nice
Default Re: A bank thats good for new permanant residents

I would say avoid HSBC like the plague, completely incompetent when I moved here in 2007.

I had jumped through all sorts of hoops to open accounts before I arrived, received letters of confirmation with account numbers etc turned up to the branch to get my ATM cards and no accounts. Had to start from scatch.

The last straw was when they said they would give me a $2000 limit secured credit card if I deposited $4000 with them.

I walked straight to TD and filled out the forms to have all my banking transfered to them, and they even gave me an ipod for my trouble.

I've been a happy TD customer ever since.