Bad weather driving!

Old Nov 3rd 2013, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad weather driving!

Originally Posted by ladylord
I'm looking forward to my Land Rover Defender arriving in 3 weeks time!
Will your car survive customs?

http://autos.aol.com/article/u-s-bor...rover-defender[/QUOTE]

That's Americky and that was a very poor attempt at making a fairly new Defender appear to be 25 years old.

It has caused much hilarity in Land Rover circles as it's so obvious.

Mine is original and correct, so nothing to worry about.

If you want to watch the video, it's on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jik109uz1mA
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

ladylord is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Nov 3rd 2013, 11:40 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Withabix, the main 97 is usually dry, but I saw what is possibly the worst ice ever during a storm about 15 years ago. I was riding a Greyhound bus and extremely grateful not to be driving. Between Yellow Lake and Kaladen junction we stopped to pick up a woman whose car had spun off and down the mountain, the trees stopped it and she wasn't hurt, left her at the weigh scales at her request and then it took 4 hours to go from Penticton to Oliver, truck drivers putting chains on in the middle of the hwy, and occasionally the bus would start sliding even when we were stopped. It can be glare ice where I live, but I'm sure not going to slide down any mountains! I have the Hwy Cams for southern BC saved on my phone (Kootenay Summit page for me but the others are all below) and find it helpful, there's no time like real-time. Look at images.drivebc.ca/bchighwaycams or thereabouts, I just looked at Kelowna!

Last edited by caretaker; Nov 3rd 2013 at 11:45 am.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sms1984
After having started this thread, I had to help out two old people who had spun off the road (bald tyres) and flipped their small non 4 wheel drive car onto it's roof and were trapped inside hanging from their seatbelts. I'm glad all my years in healthcare provided me with the ability to help today. Luckily the escaped with only cuts and bruises but it could have been a whole lot worse for them if they hadn't of been spotted in the ditch in minus temperatures!
Well done. Helping like that gives you a good feeling, doesn't it?
Old Nov 5th 2013, 4:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geedee
Well done. Helping like that gives you a good feeling, doesn't it?
It does but around here the impetus is not the immediate health of the people who've gone off the road but the need to get them away before the police come and stick them with a ticket for "leaving road not in safety" often compounded by one for no insurance.