Bad news, gang.

Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:33 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad news, gang.

Wow both YYZ and GOtoronto thats really shitty news i'm sooo soooo sorry for you both. Please stay positive and have a hug for what its worth
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
What type of test was it?
Basically, take a screendump of a website and slice it up to html code. I did that allright and within minutes. But how the heck can you get a proper job done when they won't provide the proper graphics.

I kept telling the guy that doing it that way won't be pretty unless he provided me with a PSD file of the layout considering it had multiple levels of graphics layered ontop one another. He had no PSD file or so he said (yeah right, the company designed it).

All I wanted to do was fire up a site sucking software I have and download the blooming thing, but no. Had to be generated from the screendump. All bells and whistles were blowing that this was set up to be failed.

When I got home I sucked the entire site, changed som CSS styling from the html files to css files, added meta tags (which they hadn't got in there) and uploaded the page with scrolling java navigation and all to my server. Then I uploaded a carbon copy of the entire flipping site to my server in which I had corrected typos.

I know the guy is online and he said he had to work today but there has been zero response to my e-mail. None what so ever.

Oh well, am finding interesting jobs and contracts back home and am getting in to the state of mind of actually looking forward to going there. Especially to hug my animals and family.

And a few hours ago here was me trying to figure out how to get everything back home and now one case fully packed, the other is looking like it will be half empty. How did that happen? I've had stuff sent to me, bought clothes, had clothes given to me and so on. I should need a third suitcase going back!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:37 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Wow both YYZ and GOtoronto thats really shitty news i'm sooo soooo sorry for you both. Please stay positive and have a hug for what its worth
What she said to both of you

Good luck with whatever you chose to do.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:41 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

That sucks big stylee YYZ.

Have a safe trip home, recharge and regroup, you'll be back before you know it!