Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Baby L2S is here!!!!!!!!

Baby L2S is here!!!!!!!!

Old Dec 15th 2009, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Baby L2S is here!!!!!!!!

Baby L2S is a girl and looks like me!!!!!!!

Born Friday December 11th at 16.51 (35 weeks). Weighing 6lbs 2ozs (she would have been a porker if she had gone to term.)

No name yet other than Little Miss Baby L2S (or rather our surname instead of L2S).

She had to come quite quickly in the end at 35 weeks and has been in the special care nursery and also under the baby sunbed for jaundice but other than that she is perfect. We had an amniocenteses test on Friday morning after I had a pin-head sized amount of bleeding. We got the results at 3.40pm that her lungs were mature and they literally ran me down to the OR and she was out in 1 hour and 11 minutes.

Lots of hair. Looks like my maternal grandmother who everyone also says I look like. Mr L2S is really worried that he now has 2 of us to try and keep under control.

Mr and Mrs L2S are doing really well too. I'm super impressed with Mr L2S's nappy / diaper changing ability although he has had a couple of run-ins with both the breast-feeding-nazi-nurse and the special-care-nursery-nazi-nurses. I must say that the latter are the worst.

As some of you know, I always joked that active little Baby L2S played umbilical cord jungle roping and poco-sticking. Well it turns out that we had something called Vasa Previa http://www.vasaprevia.org/ where by the umbilical cord is not fully implanted into the placenta, and instead is just attached by the blood vessels. These blood vessels were also between her head and my cervix. You can see in some of our scan pictures that Baby L2S had the umbilical cord in her little hand!

This meant that if I went into labour, particularly if my waters broke there was a near certain chance that the cord would be separated from the placenta resulting in >95% foetal mortality. So it was just a juggling act of keeping Baby L2S inside me "cooking" as long as possible, but getting her out before mother nature decided that it is time.

It was an extremely uncertain time for us, what with the high foetal mortality rate, needing to come to terms with having the condition and suddenly being shot-putted from a low risk pregnancy with planned natural home waterbirth, to high risk one with full medical intervention needed for a pre-term caesarean birth.

The >95% chance of foetal mortality has really made us stop and think about a lot but many things in life, but we are all safe and well and can't wait to get home and enjoying this most precious little life that we feel even more grateful to have now.

It was sheer "luck" that the Vasa Previa was picked up during a routine scan as it isn't something that they usually look for but I like to think that some little baby angel that didn't make it into this world due to Vasa Previa was looking down on Baby L2S the day that we had that scan.

L2S
xx
Attached Thumbnails Baby L2S is here!!!!!!!!-pc110625.jpg   Baby L2S is here!!!!!!!!-pc120693.jpg  
Old Dec 15th 2009, 11:51 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby L2S is here!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to you all. May Miss L2S enjoy the snow as much as you do!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on your new baby - she is beautiful!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you and your husband on the birth of your beautiful baby girl.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you both on the birth of your baby daughter!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats guys
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:32 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG............I had goosebumps, such a lovely tale, so glad it all worked out for you.....and just before Christmas....

Charlie
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by live to ski

Born Friday December 11th at 16.51 (35 weeks). Weighing 6lbs 2ozs (she would have been a porker if she had gone to term.)

No name yet other than Little Miss Baby L2S (or rather our surname instead of L2S).

She had to come quite quickly in the end at 35 weeks and has been in the special care nursery and also under the baby sunbed for jaundice but other than that she is perfect. We had an amniocenteses test on Friday morning after I had a pin-head sized amount of bleeding. We got the results at 3.40pm that her lungs were mature and they literally ran me down to the OR and she was out in 1 hour and 11 minutes.

Lots of hair. Looks like my maternal grandmother who everyone also says I look like. Mr L2S is really worried that he now has 2 of us to try and keep under control.

Mr and Mrs L2S are doing really well too. I'm super impressed with Mr L2S's nappy / diaper changing ability although he has had a couple of run-ins with both the breast-feeding-nazi-nurse and the special-care-nursery-nazi-nurses. I must say that the latter are the worst.

As some of you know, I always joked that active little Baby L2S played umbilical cord jungle roping and poco-sticking. Well it turns out that we had something called Vasa Previa http://www.vasaprevia.org/ where by the umbilical cord is not fully implanted into the placenta, and instead is just attached by the blood vessels. These blood vessels were also between her head and my cervix. You can see in some of our scan pictures that Baby L2S had the umbilical cord in her little hand!

This meant that if I went into labour, particularly if my waters broke there was a near certain chance that the cord would be separated from the placenta resulting in >95% foetal mortality. So it was just a juggling act of keeping Baby L2S inside me "cooking" as long as possible, but getting her out before mother nature decided that it is time.

It was an extremely uncertain time for us, what with the high foetal mortality rate, needing to come to terms with having the condition and suddenly being shot-putted from a low risk pregnancy with planned natural home waterbirth, to high risk one with full medical intervention needed for a pre-term caesarean birth.

The >95% chance of foetal mortality has really made us stop and think about a lot but many things in life, but we are all safe and well and can't wait to get home and enjoying this most precious little life that we feel even more grateful to have now.

It was sheer "luck" that the Vasa Previa was picked up during a routine scan as it isn't something that they usually look for but I like to think that some little baby angel that didn't make it into this world due to Vasa Previa was looking down on Baby L2S the day that we had that scan.

L2S
xx
Hi, i don't know you at all, but your baby is absolutely gorgeous (and i wouldn't say that if i didn't mean it!) She almost made me broody again!! Having 3 of my own though - i think not!!

I am glad she came out safe and sound, i know how it feels to have that worry, as my third wasn't growing properly than at 34 weeks after yet another scan, she had stopped growing - they panicked and she was born the next day - weighing in at a huge 3LBS!!!
She is fine now, but at the age of 3 she still only weighs 22lbs!! She aint ever going to be a big un!!

Congradulations and enjoy her, she is obviously a blessing sent!!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:48 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised she didn't come out already wearing skis!

Many congratulations!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by live to ski

L2S
xx

Congrats! she is beautiful
Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:09 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

aaaaaawwww nother baby arrived!!!!

Shes is sooooo beautiful and i'm happy that mum and baby are safe. Congrats to all of you xxxxxx
Old Dec 16th 2009, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Wow! Scary stuff, and kudos to the sonographer on picking up on the vasa praevia!

Congratulations - she is absolutely adorable, and yes, what a porker for 35 weeks!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minimeeze
Wow! Scary stuff, and kudos to the sonographer on picking up on the vasa praevia!
She had the crappiest customer service ever but obviously knew her stuff technically. I would love to go back one day and ask her how and why she did manage to pick it up.

The OB's we have seen have said that they wouldn't have picked it up unless they had known to look for it.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:20 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

She is a really pretty baby! (and I don't usually think newborns are that glamorous!) Congratulations guys and how wonderful that she arrived safely!

edit: I actually think babies look cool with a spot of jaundice ... like a sun-tan!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.