Armpits

Old Jan 27th 2015, 12:42 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Armpits

Originally Posted by bats
It's the NEW way to stay dry! New!
I'd prefer to say Canada has finally arrived in the 1990's!
Old Jan 27th 2015, 1:07 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I remember spray deodorant when I was a kid in the 80's and 90's in the US
Just remembered how cold they could be and what a shock it was sometimes.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 2:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Just remembered how cold they could be and what a shock it was sometimes.
I remember the burning from the alcohol they used (maybe still do?) to have in them as well....

I have super sensitive skin...
Old Jan 27th 2015, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

YAY!!!
Old Jan 27th 2015, 2:25 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I remember the burning from the alcohol they used (maybe still do?) to have in them as well....
On the other hand they made good flame throwers. Or was that hairspray?
Old Jan 27th 2015, 2:41 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I have super sensitive skin...
Shhh. Don't tell James about the alcohol....
Old Jan 27th 2015, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
It look's almost exactly the same as "Sure". They've just called it something else in North America.
Sure Is Degree (and Rexana elsewhere)

These aerosols that have appeared must have different ingredients - isn't one of the common ingredients being banned in 'merica in aerosol form (an aluminium zirconium compound) the reason they aren't normally sold here?

something in the mainstream brands that are causing my skin to break out, and turn red and burn
The only 'decent' one I've found here is the Right Guard 'stick'. But only the one with the Green label though. If I use the blue one I get the same problem as you.

As those are both supposed to be 'the same', it must be the chemical perfumes they use.

Last edited by withabix; Jan 27th 2015 at 3:09 am.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 4:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

It does have isobutane in it, and I think also said alcohol. Lots of chemical names involved and I can't remember them all.

The degree was 4.97 and the Dove and Axe was 5.97.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 4:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by withabix
Sure Is Degree (and Rexana elsewhere)

These aerosols that have appeared must have different ingredients - isn't one of the common ingredients being banned in 'merica in aerosol form (an aluminium zirconium compound) the reason they aren't normally sold here?

The only 'decent' one I've found here is the Right Guard 'stick'. But only the one with the Green label though. If I use the blue one I get the same problem as you.

As those are both supposed to be 'the same', it must be the chemical perfumes they use.
I could use any of the white solids, then I started to react to more and more of them, Degree was the last hold out before I switched. The natural stuff works for me, but if one is very active or has a physical job where lots of sweat happens, not sure they would do the job.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 4:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Argh!

Armpits vye for position among tgoes and toenails. There again I do live in rural New Zealand , where if you are under a certain height it is wise to learn to walk on stilts.

Dove solid , none smelly , is fine for me and him right now.

Though it is hotting up here.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

That was definitely spray deodorant. Lynx (Axe) was a favourite amongst high schoolers for that purpose!
Old Jan 27th 2015, 8:19 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Do I read this thread right, spray deodorant has just been invented in Canadia?

Good grief.

But they do make good flame throwers.

(on an unrelated note, whichever knockoff shop decided that Hummer was a good brand for a toiletry set- epic fail. Actually smells half decent though, so what do I know).
Old Jan 27th 2015, 10:52 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Can't stand the smell of cologne, hairspray, deodorant, aftershave, strong perfumes or car air fresheners. I just use Ivory or the PC equivalent and sensible shampoo, and the word shampoo sounds suspiciously foreign.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 11:03 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Can't stand the smell of cologne, hairspray, deodorant, aftershave, strong perfumes or car air fresheners. I just use Ivory or the PC equivalent and sensible shampoo, and the word shampoo sounds suspiciously foreign.
Comes from the ancient greek σαμπουάν
Old Jan 27th 2015, 11:14 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Comes from the ancient greek σαμπουάν
Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.