Anyone noticed...

Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:48 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone noticed...

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Or do I just have a filthy mind?
It looks like a normal healthy male mind to me.

The phrase "The spirit is willing..." springs to mind.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

I should have been more specific. In Winter, if it's really, really cold outside, closing heavy curtains can isolate the window panes from the heat inside. Any moisture in the air indoors can freeze on the glass. Even double glazing.

I've seen it happen.
I remember when we all lived in a shoe box up north, no central heating and no tv. We made our own entertainment in those days, my brother and I would heat up pennies and put them on the window panes to melt the ice that had formed on the inside.

Mind you, we were lucky cos we had windows in our shoe box
Old Aug 20th 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

We've noticed the temps at night aren't as warm anymore, but we still enjoyed upwards to 30C during the day last week. A little dip in temperature yesterday & today (19C presently) but expecting 28C again on Thursday.

Hanging onto the summer here in the Okanagan Valley

Oggy
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:22 am
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

I agree the leaves are starting to turn, but the raspberries are still going good too! I spoke to the guys at the weather station next door and they reckon we're in for an early winter so with a bit of luck it'll be 20c until January
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
I remember when we all lived in a shoe box up north, no central heating and no tv. We made our own entertainment in those days, my brother and I would heat up pennies and put them on the window panes to melt the ice that had formed on the inside.

Mind you, we were lucky cos we had windows in our shoe box
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
. We did a reccee in Jan 05 just to see how cold, cold is . We actually loved it and thought -10 felt warmer than -1 over here, but it was a tad nippy when we went dog sledding and hit -42. I'm just glad I didn't get caught short whilst out in the woods..brrrrrrrrr

Sharon
i was over to the UK in October and I was never so cold in my life. Everyone was laughing at me and saying ``arent you from Canada then??`

Yes I am ... put on the bloody heating Dammit.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:04 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zalaben
i was over to the UK in October and I was never so cold in my life. Everyone was laughing at me and saying ``arent you from Canada then??`

Yes I am ... put on the bloody heating Dammit.
I know that one. When I used to work at the CHC, the Brits would go out for a smoke in shirtsleeves and the Canadians in coats. We made fun of them. It wasn't until I moved here and then made a trip back that the penny dropped. Damp, damp, damp.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

I know that one. When I used to work at the CHC, the Brits would go out for a smoke in shirtsleeves and the Canadians in coats. We made fun of them. It wasn't until I moved here and then made a trip back that the penny dropped. Damp, damp, damp.
You worked at CHC?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by steve666
You worked at CHC?
Yes. 1996-2000. Not in immigration, I hasten to add. I was a locally employed CO with DFAIT. That's where I met Souvette (4-year posting to Defence Liaison). She kidnapped me. My SW visa timeline would make most people sob.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:23 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs AX always used to bitch about it being colder in UK as well which still I find strange as Newfoundland can be pretty damn cold and damp at times!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Souvenir;5216874]Yes. 1996-2000. Not in immigration, I hasten to add.

you just saved yourself getting bombarded with PM`s!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:27 pm

[QUOTE=zalaben;5216896]
Yes. 1996-2000. Not in immigration, I hasten to add.

you just saved yourself getting bombarded with PM`s!
I know. That's why I made the statement.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:30 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Souvenir;5216905]
Originally Posted by zalaben

I know. That's why I made the statement.
Guilt by association?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:32 pm

[QUOTE=Atlantic Xpat;5216910]

Guilt by association?
No. I'm just aware of the fact that I still know people in CIC London.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Liana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
Yes. It's dispiriting that we could very well have frost in August. Why do you think older Canadians go the US for the winter?
Yep and all British Canadians I know- and quite a few- after reaching the age of 55 have moved to UK/Europe/Victoria/Vancouver. Nobody who has dual citizenship hangs out here in the cold winters- at least 7 months long.

Beautiful Falls but very early in most parts of Canada and the winters quite often too cold to ski unless one likes skiing at -40 degrees with wind chill.

And the Fall always starts the third week in August in Alberta- quite shocking and one of the negative things about Alberta.

But here on Nova Scotia when we have miserable springs we usually get good Falls; only 12 degrees here last night and warm this morning and the sea on the south coast has been fine to swim in since early July.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.