Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Any celebrations planned for the Queen's diamond jubilee?

Wikiposts

Any celebrations planned for the Queen's diamond jubilee?

Old May 17th 2012, 3:47 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any celebrations planned for the Queen's diamond jubilee?

Originally Posted by Greenhill
I remember '77 for being a hot summer and, as a young lad, quite enjoyed the street being closed off and, as part of the festivities, a large breasted, brown haired, neighbour mother with big brown eyes giving me an ice cream float

I quite enjoyed some of the early punk music genre and, I'm sure, I still have an original 45 vinyl of "Anarchy in the UK" somewhere upstairs. So I felt the following article is worthy fuel for considerations of how one should celebrate, or not, such events:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17397222
I've never heard it being called that before.
Old May 17th 2012, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Lvh76 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dbd33
Walk to the Feathers, they'll have bunting and whatnot and it'll be downhill on the way home.
Just looked it up Dbd and the fact that the pub logo depicts the Prince of Wales' feathers bodes well. I shall definitely be visiting.
Old May 20th 2012, 6:11 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
If your sprog would tune in to a real news station he‘d know what a big deal it really is! Chuck & Cam are having a short but full program here including events at the legislature, Government House, and the RCMP academy.
Hi mate, I want to retract my earlier remark about Regina. I mentioned the sprog works for Global: he's just told me he's going to be their cameraman for C&C's visit (or parts of it). I just hope he doesn't chuck the cam at one or both of them.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:44 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Tea & cake is being served at numerous street parties round here, what a day.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 4:58 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Cracked open a bottle of Pimms tonight

May have a few cucumber sandwiches and some cheese and pineapples at some point over the weekend. Feeling a bit left out of all the celebrations I keep reading about on FB etc. Don't even possess a flag to wave

Time for another Pimms, maybe I should hunt out my Siver Jubilee mug I got at primary school to put it in
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Lvh76 is on a distinguished road

I had a glass of Pimms last night too. I've invited our neighbours around for Pimms, homemade sausage rolls, cucumber sandwiches, Eton Mess and the most expensive Mr Kiplings Battenberg cake this side of the Atlantic.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 11:59 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lvh76
I had a glass of Pimms last night too. I've invited our neighbours around for Pimms, homemade sausage rolls, cucumber sandwiches, Eton Mess and the most expensive Mr Kiplings Battenberg cake this side of the Atlantic.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 9:43 am
Just Joined

TheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really niceTheMcHughs is just really nice

Our schools "Diamond Jubilee Party" made front page of the Medicine Hat News, (although not alot of exciting things happen in Medicine Hat!) but am chuffed that it made the paper.