Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

any brits in nova scotia?

any brits in nova scotia?

Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

walker will become famous soon enoughwalker will become famous soon enough
Default any brits in nova scotia?

Just wondering if there's any english scene in nova scotia? Getting very home sick here.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:11 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any brits in nova scotia?

Well given that every week seems to include a new 'Hi I'm considering moving to / already am in Nova Scotia' type post from a new person I'd say yes there is! Whereabouts are you in NS? There are certainly a number of posters around Halifax for example.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Well given that every week seems to include a new 'Hi I'm considering moving to / already am in Nova Scotia' type post from a new person I'd say yes there is! Whereabouts are you in NS? There are certainly a number of posters around Halifax for example.
Is it me or do more and more people seem to be considering NS nowadays ?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:24 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Southcote
Is it me or do more and more people seem to be considering NS nowadays ?
It's not just you, I'd say NS is getting up there as a destination of choice with 'berta and BC. I suspect a lot has to do with property prices! Should the uniqueness of being the only BE regular in Newfoundland ever get boring, NS would be our next choice. Pete's Frootique and the availability of London Pride/Marstons Pedigree in NSLC stores are a powerful draw.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:16 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

the availability of London Pride/Marstons Pedigree in NSLC stores are a powerful draw.
Not fussed on black horse beer and screech rum are you ?

The best places around st john's have to be signal hill and cape spear because you can park your car, look towards the east and remember a place across the pond that had intelligent people.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:35 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Not fussed on black horse beer and screech rum are you ?

The best places around st john's have to be signal hill and cape spear because you can park your car, look towards the east and remember a place across the pond that had intelligent people.

Where are you from then? How far east do you have to look?
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:18 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Where are you from then? How far east do you have to look?
Im on the east coast as it happens but not in the northern hemisphere.

Where I am from isn't relevant but I have lived in the UK, Cyprus, 4 Canadian provinces (BC, ON, PQ & NL), now on Australia's east coast.

And your reason for asking is ?
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:26 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Im on the east coast as it happens but not in the northern hemisphere.

Where I am from isn't relevant but I have lived in the UK, Cyprus, 4 Canadian provinces (BC, ON, PQ & NL), now on Australia's east coast.

And your reason for asking is ?
'cos I did a quickie on your username and figured you're Oz. Given that looking East for you probably makes landfall on the other side of the same country, I wondered what you meant by "intelligent people"?
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:33 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
'cos I did a quickie on your username and figured you're Oz. Given that looking East for you probably makes landfall on the other side of the same country, I wondered what you meant by "intelligent people"?

Newfoundlanders aren't exactly the epitomy of educated people, on the contrary they are very simple people with the typical island mentality of being on an island with not much more than 1/2 million inhabitants, including Labrador.

An interesting piece of trivia that is a big joke among the engineering community is that MUN university (St John's) library was supposed to be solar heated and cooled with help from all the windows however, a slight engineering mistake rendered the whole thing useless when they put the glass facing North which never sees the sun.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:42 am
Born again atheist

Newfoundlanders aren't exactly the epitomy of educated people, on the contrary they are very simple people with the typical island mentality of being on an island with not much more than 1/2 million inhabitants, including Labrador.

An interesting piece of trivia that is a big joke among the engineering community is that MUN university (St John's) library was supposed to be solar heated and cooled with help from all the windows however, a slight engineering mistake rendered the whole thing useless when they put the glass facing North which never sees the sun.

Dear Luke,

Please go back to the Oz forums, or the Vatican, whichever you think has the bigger bigots.

Novo.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:42 am
Slightly Canadian

For someone who has alledgedly lived in many different places, you have managed to pick up a lot of attitude. Did you have to keep moving to be one step ahead of the angry mob?

Must go. Need to crack another black horse, put my waders on and go pick up my EI. Have a nice day.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 2:22 am

london cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud of

For someone who has alledgedly lived in many different places, you have managed to pick up a lot of attitude. Did you have to keep moving to be one step ahead of the angry mob?

Must go. Need to crack another black horse, put my waders on and go pick up my EI. Have a nice day.
Still slagging people off i see mr vatican!!
You really do have to learn to be at peace with your self and stop looking down on people i really dont know what your problem is,maybe you were bullied at school or you are being bullied as an adult in your work place but you should stop giving people a hard time just because you maybe feel inadequate or unhappy in your life.
The posts you have commented on here are valid comments and dont deserve your put downs, and this from someone who claims to be inteligent ?.
I sincerley hope one day you will find true happieness and wont find the need to spoil others dreams and hopes.
Walkers post was merely a small cry for help from fellow countrymen who are trying to make a better life for themselves,looking for perhaps some comradeship thats all nothing more than that.
So if you sir look upon that as something that warrants ridicule then maybe your own inelligence is in question!!!l
Old Apr 12th 2007, 2:33 am
Banned

Originally Posted by london cabbie
Still slagging people off i see mr vatican!!
You really do have to learn to be at peace with your self and stop looking down on people i really dont know what your problem is,maybe you were bullied at school or you are being bullied as an adult in your work place but you should stop giving people a hard time just because you maybe feel inadequate or unhappy in your life.
The posts you have commented on here are valid comments and dont deserve your put downs, and this from someone who claims to be inteligent ?.
I sincerley hope one day you will find true happieness and wont find the need to spoil others dreams and hopes.
Walkers post was merely a small cry for help from fellow countrymen who are trying to make a better life for themselves,looking for perhaps some comradeship thats all nothing more than that.
So if you sir look upon that as something that warrants ridicule then maybe your own inelligence is in question!!!l

Are you following me mr taximan ? You seem to know so much about everything, are you certain you are in the right profession ?

Its a good job you only had to pass the London cabbie exam for geography since the original poster here was asking a question about the Canadian province of Nova Scotia which is on mainland Canada, unlike the province of Newfoundland, which is an island about 90 miles east across water from North Sydney ferry terminal to Port Aux Basques. Even longer if you sail to Argentia which is close to Newfoundland's capital St John's.

Best you stick to driving a cab I reckon.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 2:39 am
Banned

Didnt you know that you don't pick your EI up even in Newfoundland (the biggest financial bleed to the Canadian federal government), you can have your employment insurance deposited in da bank boy trouble is though you have ta go ta torrana (Toronto) on da mainland ta get yer stamps in da first place however, the province does have it's own con up its sleeve. Its called the make-work project and if youre on welfare they will give you a job for the summer to give you enough stamps to get off welfare (provincial responsibility) and onto EI (federal responsibility).
Old Apr 12th 2007, 2:52 am

london cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud of

Are you following me mr taximan ? You seem to know so much about everything, are you certain you are in the right profession ?

Its a good job you only had to pass the London cabbie exam for geography since the original poster here was asking a question about the Canadian province of Nova Scotia which is on mainland Canada, unlike the province of Newfoundland, which is an island about 90 miles east across water from North Sydney ferry terminal to Port Aux Basques. Even longer if you sail to Argentia which is close to Newfoundland's capital St John's.

Best you stick to driving a cab I reckon.
Thanks for the geography lesson mr vatican,your knowledge of canada,life,and all things intelligent knows no bounds!
Alas you are wrong yet again,the original poster was not asking for information of all things connected to nova scotia he was simply asking if there was an english scene out there and claimed he was feeling a little home sick.Yet once again you took the opportunity to put someone down and missed the chance of giving a fellow brit a helping hand.
Atlantic xpat seems to have got the measure of you, for someone who claims to have travelled the world you sure have picked up alot of attitude along the way my friend and perhaps have to keep moving to stay one step ahead of the angry mob.

Good luck "mate"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.