Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Another one for oceanFordPinto

Another one for oceanFordPinto

Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:37 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another one for oceanFordPinto

OK: if you extend the line of the 407 where it crosses Yonge Street all the way from the Atlantic to the Pacific, are there more Canadians or more Americans living north of that line? (Not counting Alaska).

Novo.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:27 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Another one for oceanFordPinto

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
OK: if you extend the line of the 407 where it crosses Yonge Street all the way from the Atlantic to the Pacific, are there more Canadians or more Americans living north of that line? (Not counting Alaska).

Novo.
What, another one from Novocastrated?

I solved your bogus puzzle - the one you screwed up - now it's your turn to answer one of my puzzles.

What are the next two numbers in the series:

4 2 1 1 7 0 6

Huge hint # 1: The year in which I graduated from university holds the answer.

Just about giving away the answer, hint/rule #2: the next two numbers are not derived from any combination or sum of the previous numbers that I listed in the series.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Novo.

Americans, innit? The US sticks up in the middle; Minnesota, Wisconsin and the youpie are all north of here.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:39 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
Americans, innit? The US sticks up in the middle; Minnesota, Wisconsin and the youpie are all north of here.

It's not that the US sticks up in the middle but Canada drops down where Toronto is.

The line would come out on the west coast south of Eugene Oregon and on the east coast south of Maine.

The answer "Merkans"
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:48 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Canada drops down where Toronto is.
Spoken like a true westerner.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:53 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Spoken like a true westerner.

Thank you.

I calls 'em as I sees 'em, pardner.

Last edited by Steve_P; Feb 12th 2007 at 3:36 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:55 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
What, another one from Novocastrated?

I solved your bogus puzzle - the one you screwed up - now it's your turn to answer one of my puzzles.

4 2 1 1 7 0 6

Huge hint # 1: The year in which I graduated from university holds the answer.
Just about giving away the answer, hint/rule #2: the next two numbers are not derived from any combination or sum of the previous numbers that I listed in the series.
That limits it to numbers you can write on a clay tablet then?

Cunieform, Pictographs or ogham??
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:14 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Madmac
That limits it to numbers you can write on a clay tablet then?

Cunieform, Pictographs or ogham??
Since Novo's odds of figuring out the answer to my puzzle are 100 to 1, I can say that I graduated from university sometime during the 20th century without giving him the answer - that counts as hint #3.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:17 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
It's not that the US sticks up in the middle but Canada drops down where Toronto is.

The line would come out on the west coast south of Eugene Oregon and on the east coast south of Maine.

The answer "Merkans"
I guess that was too easy. It only fools Merkans I suppose.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:22 pm
mañana is my busiest day

I guess that was too easy. It only fools Merkans I suppose.

Come on Kevin, you will have to have a go at my puzzle. It can be your new puzzle... one that will get you more beer and cigars.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:32 pm
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice

4 2 1 1 7 0 6

the next two numbers are not derived from any combination or sum of the previous numbers that I listed in the series.
If the numbers aren't derived from the previous ones I'm guessing it's a sequence of years where things happened x times/year.

So the answer could be x = you ate catfish or you got laid, etc...

as in you got catfish/laid 4 times in 1902, twice in 1903, once in 1904, etc...
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:35 pm
Born again atheist

Since Novo's odds of figuring out the answer to my puzzle are 100 to 1, I can say that I graduated from university sometime during the 20th century without giving him the answer - that counts as hint #3.
I thought you were older than that. You graduated in 1991 and the next two numbers in the series are 7 and 9.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:38 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Originally Posted by welshchem
If the numbers aren't derived from the previous ones I'm guessing it's a sequence of years where things happened x times/year.

So the answer could be x = you ate catfish or you got laid, etc...

as in you got catfish/laid 4 times in 1902, twice in 1903, once in 1904, etc...

You are on the wrong track..... so here's hint # 4:

The series in question is said to be "transcendental", meaning that it is not capable of being determined by any combination of a finite number of equations with rational integral coefficients.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:42 pm
mañana is my busiest day

I thought you were older than that. You graduated in 1991 and the next two numbers in the series are 7 and 9.
I graduated from university in '79.... so yes, the next two numbers are 7 and 9.... good show, now you have a new puzzle to get more beer.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:43 pm
Born again atheist

You are on the wrong track..... so here's hint # 4:

The series in question is said to be "transcendental", meaning that it is not capable of being determined by any combination of a finite number of equations with rational integral coefficients.
No I'm on the right track. Your series is part of the decimal expansion of the transcendental number "pi", with the starting point at the 91st digit after the decimal point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.