Amazon TV Box

Old Aug 5th 2016, 3:12 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon TV Box

[QUOTE=magnumpi;12020621]I had an older RCA flat powered antenna I found in my shit I don't use cupboard. I connected it up and 14 channels came up lol. QUOTE]

Worth a try, doing the following should help you get the 'Bounce' channel, even more than the 14 you are getting now

If you want to get more channels, a suggestion for you is one of those aluminum oven drip trays from the dollar store mounted about 3"-6" behind the antenna. It acts as a reflector to provide more sensitivity & gain. Position for best results, do one or two scans for each placing of the reflector.

For me getting more stations, thats what I have [the aluminum tray] mounted behind my flatwave antenna thats on the wall with a framed canvas picture hung over the antenna.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

habsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the info in this thread so far, it's good to read up on the reasonable options for TV viewing. I currently use newsgroups to download the series I wish to watch and stream to my TV via my PS4.

I did want to ask those who watch hockey what is the best way to catch the games. Last season in the UK I was using NHL Gamecenter with Unotelly to duck the blackouts. It seemed good value at USD $99.99 and being able to use my PS4 to watch it.

I digress, basically how much does it cost to watch hockey in Canada (or more specifically Quebec)

Thanks
Old Aug 5th 2016, 5:18 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by habsfan
Thanks for all the info in this thread so far, it's good to read up on the reasonable options for TV viewing. I currently use newsgroups to download the series I wish to watch and stream to my TV via my PS4.

I did want to ask those who watch hockey what is the best way to catch the games. Last season in the UK I was using NHL Gamecenter with Unotelly to duck the blackouts. It seemed good value at USD $99.99 and being able to use my PS4 to watch it.

I digress, basically how much does it cost to watch hockey in Canada (or more specifically Quebec)

Thanks
It depends how much hockey you want to watch, and what team you want to watch.

For example, in Montreal, the Montreal games will be blacked out because they air on the cable stations. However, you can watch all the San Jose games (except when SJ is playing MTL) if you wanted to watch that team. Or whatever other team. You basically just can't watch your local team.

That said, you can continue to use UnoTelly to get around the blackout region as you were doing in the UK and you're good to go.

In addition, if you just want to watch a handful of weekend games, CBC has games on Fridays and Saturdays, so an antenna would be just fine as you'll get those weekend games. The weekday ones that air on the sports channels (TSN, SportsNet, etc) you'd have to subscribe to a cable package.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 5:20 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/?asc_refid=nhl

Hockey night is a free to air programme on CBC
Old Aug 5th 2016, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

habsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
It depends how much hockey you want to watch, and what team you want to watch.

For example, in Montreal, the Montreal games will be blacked out because they air on the cable stations. However, you can watch all the San Jose games (except when SJ is playing MTL) if you wanted to watch that team. Or whatever other team. You basically just can't watch your local team.

That said, you can continue to use UnoTelly to get around the blackout region as you were doing in the UK and you're good to go.

In addition, if you just want to watch a handful of weekend games, CBC has games on Fridays and Saturdays, so an antenna would be just fine as you'll get those weekend games. The weekday ones that air on the sports channels (TSN, SportsNet, etc) you'd have to subscribe to a cable package.
Excellent. Well as a Habs fan I guess I will have to see how I get on Still at least I have Unotelly as a fall back in case it all gets too much!

Thank you.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 6:00 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

I kept my Rogers Cable and pay $70 month all in, taxes HST etc. It's a reduced package with all the sports I want. It's just so much easier if you are a sport fan. We mostly watch the Rapters an EPL in winter and MLS Formula 1 and NASCAR in summer. It does cover all the hockey and base bat ball, tennis and curdling, but that's not watched in our house
Old Aug 5th 2016, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I kept my Rogers Cable and pay $70 month all in, taxes HST etc. It's a reduced package with all the sports I want. It's just so much easier if you are a sport fan. We mostly watch the Rapters an EPL in winter and MLS Formula 1 and NASCAR in summer. It does cover all the hockey and base bat ball, tennis and curdling, but that's not watched in our house
This sounds fair, I will consider looking into this too once landed. Thanks
Old Aug 5th 2016, 6:51 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

If you're wanting more sports than just hockey, then a cable package is probably worth it. If you just want hockey, then gamecentre would be cheaper. Of course just make sure your internet package has enough speed and cap space to support it!
Old Aug 6th 2016, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
If you're wanting more sports than just hockey, then a cable package is probably worth it. If you just want hockey, then gamecentre would be cheaper. Of course just make sure your internet package has enough speed and cap space to support it!
Oh indeed, to me having decent internet is a higher priority than a TV package. Streaming and downloading is the way to go.

If I don't get out there before the season starts I will probably subscribe for another season and it will tie me over once I move... providing I have the good internet
Old Aug 30th 2016, 6:31 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've ordered my antenna off of Amazon. We'll see how it goes.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 6:19 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

I installed and connected the antenna, facing south but through a brick wall. Got around 14 channels- all Canadian. Then found the new TV is a smart TV that connects straight to the Internet. The kids go straight to that and since I've installed it I haven't switched the TV on myself once.

I suspect that's where it will stay just don't have that habit of switching on the TV when bored.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 7:18 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of ours cancelled his Satellite telly this year as he wasn't watching it, not the nights are drawing in and it's obvious his wife won't be coming home from the 'home' he wanted some telly for company. He asked us to get a ariel thingy so he could get the available stations n(y'know the ones your supposed to be able to get)...The arial wouldn't pick anything up AT ALL! So we took it back and got a Roku box. Which suits his needs. We have since been and bought a Roku box and are going to get rid of all but the basic service for our satellite t.v.