Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Alternative to Zoom, airtransat, etc....

Alternative to Zoom, airtransat, etc....

Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:46 pm
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice
Default Alternative to Zoom, airtransat, etc....

Just thought I'd let you know about some reasonable flights I've found.

I'm heading back to the UK in May for a friend's wedding and all the companies I normally book with wanted over $800 for the return flights.

I've just looked up flights with IcelandAir and I can get the return for $700 and stop off in Iceland for 2 days on the way back.

Admittedly, may not be everyone's cup of tea but I'd rather spend the $100 on 2 days of sight seeing.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all
Default Re: Alternative to Zoom, airtransat, etc....

Hi there

Have you checked the flight durations we were going to use Icelandair a while ago and the flight durations were almost double the normal direct routes. It wasnt feasible for us travelling with young'uns.

Also worth bearing in mind that Iceland is a quite an expensive place to spend a couple of days. Although it is worth it from what I have been told.

cheers
Tom
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:39 pm
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice

Originally Posted by lauder99
Hi there

Have you checked the flight durations we were going to use Icelandair a while ago and the flight durations were almost double the normal direct routes. It wasnt feasible for us travelling with young'uns.

Also worth bearing in mind that Iceland is a quite an expensive place to spend a couple of days. Although it is worth it from what I have been told.

cheers
Tom
Cheers for the warnings, the flight back to the UK involved less than an hours wait between flights so didn't add much to the overall time.

I'll have to look into the expense thing, perhaps my $100 won't get me far.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

I know a few people who have gone there for holidays or a quick weekend away and they say it is fantastic and beautiful but they did say it was expensive to eat and drink. I am in Edinburgh which is not a cheap place either so make of that what you will.

Like everywhere I am sure that with a little research there are ways to fit your needs to your budget.

Enjoy and let us know how it goes I have always fancied Iceland but never really had an opportunity or excuse to get there.

Cheers
Tom