All Inclusives

Old Apr 21st 2015, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default All Inclusives

Did anyone head down South on one of the All Inclusives this year ? We headed to Puerto Plata this time as there seemed to be some cracking deals out of Newfoundland for a change
Old Apr 21st 2015, 12:31 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All Inclusives

Looked many a time but it really does seem expensive, especially as the prices quoted seem to go up by another $400 or $500.

I suppose I was spoiled by my "go at a moment's notice" flight and two weeks accommodation on a nice Greek island for £120 to £180 and eating what I wanted, when I wanted.

I've had full board for the price of half board or half price for B&B with self service, eat as much as you like and, well, it's hard not to just load up the plate. Because it's there. And either paid for or free.

All inclusive? I think I'd take even more.

Great if you're with kids I suppose.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

We had the kids this year , for a week all inclusive and direct flights from Newf , we were just less than $3500 all in for the 4 off us - I couldn't take the 4 off us to Halifax for a long weekend on that
Old Apr 21st 2015, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like resorts, but I did technically go south from BC over the winter, just no further then San Diego...lol

I drove my wife to the Mexico border though so she could see Mexico. My dad only lives 10 minutes north of the border, if you stand on his roof, you can see the mountains of Tijuana.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 1:30 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
We had the kids this year , for a week all inclusive and direct flights from Newf , we were just less than $3500 all in for the 4 off us - I couldn't take the 4 off us to Halifax for a long weekend on that
I've never been a fan of package holidays (if you are from UK) or all inclusives (if you are North American) but after 10 years of living here and the bleakness of winter and-that-continuation-of-winter-before-spring-arrives-in-june that we have in Newfoundland, I could go for a week in the sun no problem as could the Mrs and the kids. This Easter we went to Ottawa which was cheap (Aeroplan points and we stayed with family) but not very warm!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I've never been a fan of package holidays (if you are from UK) or all inclusives (if you are North American) but after 10 years of living here and the bleakness of winter and-that-continuation-of-winter-before-spring-arrives-in-june that we have in Newfoundland, I could go for a week in the sun no problem as could the Mrs and the kids. This Easter we went to Ottawa which was cheap (Aeroplan points and we stayed with family) but not very warm!
I never was a fan of the package / all inclusive deal - the long winters here have had me converted in the last couple of years - now find it very easy to break up the winter with a week of doing nothing apart from drinking , eating and watching the kids jump in and out of the pool
Old Apr 21st 2015, 5:57 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

OH and I did the Vegas thing, 3 nights on the strip, 1 night Grand Canyon, 3 nights Boulder City visiting family. I'd go to Boulder City again.

Last edited by Piff Poff; Apr 21st 2015 at 7:09 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 6:48 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very tempted by one. Someone posted me a link to somewhere in Montego Bay. 7 days, looked to be around 740 for two, including air far. Not sure if that is actually correct though, seems to be rather cheap to me, but then I've not booked a holiday for a long long time, only flights to the UK and staying with my parents.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 8:13 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

No chance for a break over winter as it's the primary trading season, but now I've 2 months down time, so we're off to New Zealand and Australia for a 6 week break in a couple of days time.

Never booked an all inclusive. I'd rather have the freedom to pick and choose my own itinerary and holiday details.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 8:23 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Did Cuba this winter 1400$ for 2. Was ok, lots to drink n eat, omelette breakfast bar, pizza at the pool bar and burgers and Kyaks at the beach all part of the package. U usually have to tip tho which can get annoying after a few days. Worth it tho IMO
Old Apr 21st 2015, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Did Cuba this winter 1400$ for 2. Was ok, lots to drink n eat, omelette breakfast bar, pizza at the pool bar and burgers and Kyaks at the beach all part of the package. U usually have to tip tho which can get annoying after a few days. Worth it tho IMO
To be honest I would have much preferred to have gone back to Cuba but the flights just didn't work this year for us - The deals to varadero weren't great , cayo coco didn't work as the flight times were crap and there was nothing direct to Santa Maria which is my favourite destination in Cuba
Old Apr 21st 2015, 9:28 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I did look at all inclusives in Mexico last year. I don't think there are many bargains - and this is from someone who is very fond of their food and drink. If it is cheap, and all you can eat and drink, it means the facilities will be ropey.

I was also warned about places that take young adults. At my advanced years I don't want to be kept up all night by youths partying in the next room.

In the end I decided it was better just to pay for what I wanted. Beer is cheap enough in Mexico in any case and you can eat out well for CAD10 each with a drink.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
I did look at all inclusives in Mexico last year. I don't think there are many bargains - and this is from someone who is very fond of their food and drink. If it is cheap, and all you can eat and drink, it means the facilities will be ropey.

I was also warned about places that take young adults. At my advanced years I don't want to be kept up all night by youths partying in the next room.

In the end I decided it was better just to pay for what I wanted. Beer is cheap enough in Mexico in any case and you can eat out well for CAD10 each with a drink.
With this in mind you might want to avoid Puerto Plata next March break, my son's school are going there for their Grade 12 grad trip.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Used to do AIs to the Canaries and Kos and such like, at least twice a year, although in the last 3-4 years before we came over here, we found that the quality and selection went down hill (probably due to the global downturn'), but strangely not in Greece, probably because of their desperation to get money!

The worst 'AI' deal was on a 2013 Alaska cruise from Vancouver - I worked out it was probably impossible to drink the value of a pre-purchased drinks package without lapsing in to a coma by the end of every night.

It didn't stop some people trying though. Especially at the cocktail bars....

So there's a tip: If you go on a cruise, buy your drinks as you go along...

Haven't even managed a holiday at all since we moved over - had too many visitors last year who consumed my time off and have so far managed a few days in Whistler this Easter, but even that was doing the tour guide bit for an old school friend from England....

Carried a week's holiday over to this year, but we're moving house in a month so I know where that time-off will be going!

Last edited by withabix; Apr 23rd 2015 at 3:48 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 3:50 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas 2014 we did a week in San Jose del Cabo at the bottom of Baja. Had a real laugh. There were loads in from Hamilton and Toronto who were very funny and great company. Food was pretty good and the weather perfect. I've still got a slight headache from Christmas day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.