Alcohol !

Old Jun 14th 2013, 2:44 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alcohol !

Originally Posted by Oink
Hopefully the weather cooperates and the sun comes out. I plan on snaffling up as much of the free food and booze as I can and then misbehaving dreadfully.
Sounds like a near perfect evening !
Old Jun 14th 2013, 3:15 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the weather cooperates and the sun comes out. I plan on snaffling up as much of the free food and booze as I can and then misbehaving dreadfully.
Noooo really? That doesn't sound like you.....much!!
Old Jun 15th 2013, 6:06 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Never again.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 7:12 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
Sounds like a catering pack of Coors Light from Costco. I can always spot the Ontarians in my local Costco. Some serious bulk-buying going on there!
Souvy, does Costco in QC sell beer? I'm not a big beer fan but I don't mind one on the rare days that it gets warm, last night we bought 12 Korona and it was $26.00 - would they be chaper in Qubec?
Old Jun 17th 2013, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MillieF
Souvy, does Costco in QC sell beer? I'm not a big beer fan but I don't mind one on the rare days that it gets warm, last night we bought 12 Korona and it was $26.00 - would they be chaper in Qubec?
I've bought Corona in Gatineau, QC (not at Costco though). You'd pay approx $26.00 for 24 bottles IIRC.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 4:59 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Never again.
hhhmmmm. Is that because of the amount of free alcohol and food you consumed or because of the embarrising things you ended up doing because of the amount of free alcohol you consumed
Old Jun 17th 2013, 5:18 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Animal
hhhmmmm. Is that because of the amount of free alcohol and food you consumed or because of the embarrising things you ended up doing because of the amount of free alcohol you consumed
There's no amount of free booze or food that can compensate for having to listen to so many deluded Canadians again. They're all in bloody denial. It'd be alright if they kept their mouths shut but they wouldn't. There's a real dissonance between the reality and their perception of the importance and significance of their work. They can't quite get their heads around that they're just ancillary.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 5:19 pm
I said what ?!

There's no amount of free booze or food that can compensate for having to listen to so many deluded Canadians again. They're all in bloody denial. It'd be alright if they kept their mouths shut but they wouldn't. There's a real dissonance between the reality and their perception of the importance and significance of their work. They can't quite get their heads around that they're just ancillary.
So not a great night then
Old Jun 17th 2013, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Animal
So not a great night then
It was meant to be a bonding thing with our Canadian counterparts. We won't be having another go anytime soon.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 5:45 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's just a big city thing Oink, in Vancouver there are going to be more pretentious people just because there are so many personalities in the mix. Did you remember to eat all the crab dip or were you too pissed?
Old Jun 17th 2013, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker
I think that's just a big city thing Oink, in Vancouver there are going to be more pretentious people just because there are so many personalities in the mix. Did you remember to eat all the crab dip or were you too pissed?
No excuse as they were from all over the country. They can't quite accept that we're their de facto bosses so they start to act up when there's an opportunity. The Brits weren't that much better tbh. Neither group did themselves any favours but that's their loss. The situation wasn't helped when my mate suggested in a very loud voice, that if anyone's was interested, the punctilious host's wife was upstairs giving out blow jobs.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 6:20 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Costco in QC does sell beer (and some wine). Wal Mart doesn't.

The Costco in Gatineau attracts a lot of Ontarians and you can always spot the because they are the ones buying huge quantities of Coors Light.

Costco is probably no cheaper than QC supermarkets. They all seem to sell at the minimum legal price, at least for 24s. Smaller packs are pricier on a unit basis.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Souvy
Costco in QC does sell beer (and some wine). Wal Mart doesn't.

The Costco in Gatineau attracts a lot of Ontarians and you can always spot the because they are the ones buying huge quantities of Coors Light.

Costco is probably no cheaper than QC supermarkets. They all seem to sell at the minimum legal price, at least for 24s. Smaller packs are pricier on a unit basis.
I got lost in Gatineau on the way back from a work meeting the other week.

Made the most of it and stopped off at a Loblaws to pick up some beer.

I paid, inc tax and deposit, $17.00 for 12 bottles of Molson Canadian 67. Saved $5 when compared to the Beer Store here.

King of Beers in Aylmer is most definitely the place to go in Gatineau, although not at 5pm on a Friday - the small street it's on is full of Ontario plated F150's laden with, as you said, Coors Light.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolstie
I've bought Corona in Gatineau, QC (not at Costco though). You'd pay approx $26.00 for 24 bottles IIRC.
Not bad, $25 at the CostCo in Washington state. Really wish BC would get with the times and allow alcohol in supermarkets.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 7:51 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thank you so much Wolstie and Souvy....that a lot of difference isn't it! Sorry I spelled Corona wrongly...you can tell I'm not a beer drinker!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.