Adbusters

Old Apr 5th 2008, 4:09 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all
Default Adbusters

Forget to mention this mag. in Canadian Invention threads every time and think it speaks very highly of the Canucks that they produce it.

Anyone else on the boards a reader?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:16 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adbusters

Not heard of it before, is it a UK or CA mag? What's it about?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 3:26 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by G77
Not heard of it before, is it a UK or CA mag? What's it about?

It sells anti-consumerism. It's based in Vancouver.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 3:52 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it serious or satirical, just looked at the website and couldn't tell?

EDIT: Just read the about us section - looks like it's serious.....

Do they sell copies in Tim Horton's

Last edited by G77; Apr 6th 2008 at 3:54 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:07 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
It sells anti-consumerism. It's based in Vancouver.
Ya it's a brand that campaigns against brands. Started off leftfield now it's diluted and mainstream. Kinda like how has Greenpeace gone. The rads realised they might not get granola bars, caramel latte frothaccino, and fake fur lined sandals in clinky so they acted smarter.

Adbusters did get that "Buy Nothing Day" thing going tho. A practice I try to adopt for at least 350 days of the year.

Do your bit for anti-consumerism: deface an ad board today!

R.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:20 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Yeah, it's gotten kinda po faced since I first picked up an issue, but it's still the best at what it does. Saw the credit crunch coming in 2005, campaigned against Conrad Black basically owning the entire Canadian media.

I want to show you guys a scan of one of the ads they tried - and failed - to place in Cosmo and its ilk a few years back but I'm not sure I'm allowed...
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:40 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windward
I want to show you guys a scan of one of the ads they tried - and failed - to place in Cosmo and its ilk a few years back but I'm not sure I'm allowed...
Oh go on..... We'll start a petition for your reinstatement

You could provide a link to it with an advisory, then it would be down to individual choice as to whether anyone clicked on it.