ACRONYM ALERT?

Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute
Talking ACRONYM ALERT?

This could be either fun - or useful (for those who don't know what the hell someone's saying)

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

GWB, for example. Obvious, one might think. But is it? Maybe you're really saying "George Washington Bridge", or "General Well Being", Or "Gypsum Wall Board"
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:16 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACRONYM ALERT?

American Road Safety for Everybody

Although this is my favourite so far --> Canadian Reform Alliance Party
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
American Road Safety for Everybody

Although this is my favourite so far --> Canadian Reform Alliance Party
Or there's "The Western Area Tourers" club (motorcycle club)

Or the "American Nihilist Underground Society"
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

The "Fast Action Response Team" (among several others)

Imagine saying to someone "I'm a member of the F.A.R.T." lol
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Proton-Enhanced Nuclear Induction Spectroscopy

Who is going to be the first mature one?
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:33 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Im told on good authority that it was only after the first letter head paper was sent for approval that the old "Newcastle Polytechnic" became "Northumbria University" rather then the initial choice of the "City University of Newcastle upon Tyne"
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

I always fancied being a MOD on the forum, but not now I know it means Master Of Disaster
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:39 pm
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iaink
Im told on good authority that it was only after the first letter head paper was sent for approval that the old "Newcastle Polytechnic" became "Northumbria University" rather then the initial choice of the "City University of Newcastle upon Tyne"
Yes, I heard of this too
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Once upon a time there was this Bristol firm that invented this product that could clean anything from shot silk through to six inch armour plate, but they couldn't think of a name for it. They decided to have a competition. Bright and early one Monday morning, one of the workers walks into the advertising managers office.

"I've thought of a name for the product Sir!".

"Oh yes then lad. What is it?"

"Well Sir, I thought we'd call it BUGGER!"

The advertising manager groans. "Why's that then", he asks.

"Well Sir, it stands for Best Universal Grit Grim and Effluent Remover!".

The advertising manager groans again. "Umm, nice try son, but I don't think Mrs Bloggs of Bolton is quite ready for a trendy name like that".

"That's a shame Sir, because I've even thought of a slogan we can use."

"What's that then son?"

"Well Sir, if Daz won't whiten it, and Omo won't brighten it, BUGGER IT!"

Later that morning another young wag comes in to the same office and wants to call it the Finest Universal Cleanser Known.

Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:03 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
I had a friend who worked their at the time, it is true...