The 401

Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The 401

As a brit I thought I was well prepared to face the 401 highway in Toronto. After that experience I sincerely hope the QEW and Gardiner are a little more forgiving!
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The 401

Originally Posted by SAW 04
As a brit I thought I was well prepared to face the 401 highway in Toronto. After that experience I sincerely hope the QEW and Gardiner are a little more forgiving!
chuckles..........

don't even think of the Don Valley Parking lot at this stage.

It's not the volume of traffic that gets me but the signage, or lack of, the seemingly permanent construction work, and of course the idiots.

Welcome to Ontario
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:52 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It's Monday. Just wait for Friday.

Also welcome to the good bit of Canada from me.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Less busy, but more prone to construction closures (and the 401 has had one or more lanes closed in summer since I've been here).
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Novo, its good to be here at last

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
It's Monday. Just wait for Friday.

Also welcome to the good bit of Canada from me.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ill do my best to avoid the DVP and the 401 but have no choice on the QEW. going to drive from Mississauga to downtown tomorrow morning, hopefully not to scary!

Originally Posted by fledermaus
chuckles..........

don't even think of the Don Valley Parking lot at this stage.

It's not the volume of traffic that gets me but the signage, or lack of, the seemingly permanent construction work, and of course the idiots.

Welcome to Ontario
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:12 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ill do my best to avoid the DVP and the 401 but have no choice on the QEW. going to drive from Mississauga to downtown tomorrow morning, hopefully not to scary!
The scariest bit is Mississauga.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:18 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

It's the whole collector business that usually screws me up. I'm on the express bit and need to be on a collector to get to my exit. Oh bugger.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:22 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
It's the whole collector business that usually screws me up. I'm on the express bit and need to be on a collector to get to my exit. Oh bugger.
They have clever new-fangled things called road signs. They're often blue.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

and in the wrong place!

try and stay in the lane that forks off. Less angst and forking off that way.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:26 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by fledermaus
and in the wrong place!

try and stay in the lane that forks off. Less angst and forking off that way.
Waddya mean, the wrong place?

And at the risk of crossing up two threads, I'm forking off tomorrow.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:39 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Us folk from the provinces have enough to do in fighting with other drivers to find time to read the road signs (in time.) Fortunately, on Thursday AM when I arrive back in the UK we are being collected rather than having to do battle with the M25 at 07:30am.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have to make my way down Hurontario the QEW. Going to leave at 8 and see how it goes

The scariest bit is Mississauga.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

As the QEW becomes the Gardiner, at about Jameson, pick the middle lane. It looks wrong but, on the inside of the curve, the traffic snarls.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

the M25 is childs play compared with the chaos I witnessed on the 401 today

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Us folk from the provinces have enough to do in fighting with other drivers to find time to read the road signs (in time.) Fortunately, on Thursday AM when I arrive back in the UK we are being collected rather than having to do battle with the M25 at 07:30am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.