Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

3 months today! Is the sun still shining?

3 months today! Is the sun still shining?

Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:11 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 3 months today! Is the sun still shining?

Belated congrats Mrs. M on your three month anniversary.

My apologies for not doing this further upthread.

I hope that things continue as they have started and that you continue to feel at home in the 'Bridge.

Best of luck to you and your family.
Steve

PS I'll mention the brakes thing to my son and see if he can have something done about it.

Actually he's a Rail Traffic Controller with CP Rail, up here in Calgary.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Wow what a brilliant post, so glad its all you dreamed of for those of us waiting its made the wait more bearable, and whenever I get those last minute wobbles I'll read this

Rosie
Old Sep 9th 2007, 3:39 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh fellow BE addicts Fanks for the support!!!

Mr Miggins is loving the move - it was his idea all along and I had never even been here until we arrived to live! (Crazy eh?)

The way we looked at it was that Mr Miggins was leaving the army this summer so it made sense that if we were going to look at doing a move that we may as well do one massive one and consolidate all our changes in the one go. He said he feels lighter being here and not so overwhelmed with general crap. Admittedly that is probably something to do with having left an army that is suffering with incredibly low morale too.

So I'd best go crack open some books and get my head around what the hell I was supposed to be here for to start with lol!

I really can't tell you how much I have gained from being a member of this community, it's meant a lot and thank you all. Even the grumpy old buggers have made me laugh!!!

Keep on keeping on
A very touched,
Mrs Miggins xx
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:48 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Great post. Glad you have all settled in really well.

Our experience has been much the same as yours. In fact settling in here has been really easy. My family are all really happy, therefore I too am really happy.

Things happen at a slower pace here and people may be more naive towards world events, but maybe that's not such a bad thing
Old Sep 10th 2007, 8:02 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Mrs M

What a great post, I really enjoyed reading it.

Thank you

x