Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

3 days of debauchery in Vegas...

3 days of debauchery in Vegas...

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 3 days of debauchery in Vegas...

I'm always scared I get shot or something
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:03 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I found the whole place rather repulsive.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:04 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pammy
I'm always scared I get shot or something
why moreso there than anywhere else?

I've never been and have little desire to go tbh.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dollface
why moreso there than anywhere else?

I've never been and have little desire to go tbh.

Well.....I will PM you why!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 3:06 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Well.....I will PM you why!
your not witness protection are you? pm away..............
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:56 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bsmith
Freemont Street off the strip is worth a visit. It's not edgy or scary, but it's a bit more vibrant than a lot of the bigger resort/hotel places. Tacky as f***, but that's kind of the point I guess.
we are off there as soon as we land, i quite like tacky.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:58 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by triumphguy
If you like cars - go and tour the Shelby factory, near the raceway just outside Vegas! There's also a Ferrari store in the Wynn.

If you like tall, slim women - check their adam's apples!!!

Cirque du soleil is always worth going to, though expensive!

Treasure Island has a good and cheap buffet.

Avoid Celine Dionne!

Freemont is OK.

I forget the hotel on the Strip, but they have dollar Heiniken! It's near Circus
Circus!

Don't stay at Circus Circus - its filthy!

Mandalay Bay rocks! Aladdin and Paris are OK. Bellagio's is great. Monte Carlo is good. MGM Grand is OK.

I've been to lots of conventions there!

Oh - and rent a Caddy, or a Hummer, or motorbike and go for a drive up to the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon!
thanks for that some good tips there, i've wanted to go to the bellagio since seeing it on the movies and mum and dad raving about it. anywhere that sells heiniken for a dollar shall receive a visit.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:00 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Maybe not but you would at Ellis Island. No need to dress for dinner there. It's a block south of Ballys on the south side of Koval Lane, next to the tacky Super 8 Motel. They have a micro brewery which is quite good and the extra cut prime rib, with a pint of one of their own brewed beers is a real bargain at $8.95. Not the most opulent joint in town but great value.
now you are getting to my level, 8.95 for a meal with a micro brewery on site, thanks.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:02 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I've not been to vegas, but I imagine the scale is slightly different to say Stoke or Hull.
i can honestly say of all the ports i went to while in the navy hull was THE most depressing of them all with THE roughest women i have ever come across. literally.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rae
we are off there as soon as we land, i quite like tacky.
I'm sure you'll get 'tacky' in the strip clubs
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:05 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by ScottyB
We went back in March last year for my brothers stag do, 12 p1ssed up Jocks!

I booked something for each day to get the lads out of their pits or away from the tables so that they did not do their lot.

We are all Forces or Ex Forces and the craic was amazing.

A list of things we did.

Las Vegas Speedway for a driving experience - amazing day in little single seaters doing 160 mph + round the bowl

Gun Range - The looks on the instructors faces when we all had groups that embarassed most of them...lol

Amazing meal at TAO restaurant think it was in the Venitian? can't remember i was blind drunk...lol

Parachute jump

Spring break pool party at the MGM - I felt like an old perv....lol

Helicopter trip to the grand canyon and hoover dam.

And of course the jack the rippers were amazing! - TJ's was probably the best of the ones we visited - think thats what it was called?

A litle bit of advice!

You may struggle to get into night clubs as a group of guys, best way round this is to book a table with a bottle, you can then skip the horendous queue's and guarantee entry. Just google one of the VIP companies like A List Vegas and they will sort you with a guide - VERY expensive but worth it for the night life!

Regards

ScottyB
thanks a lot for that. could i just ask, the bottle thing, looked at this already, once you are in though and you have had the first bottle do you have to continue with a bottle service or can you drink whatever you want? i have a horrible feeling we would be stuck with a 2 grand bar bill.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:08 pm
rae
Settled.

I'm sure you'll get 'tacky' in the strip clubs
as much as i hate to admit it i found the last one i went to recently on a stag do for a twenty something friend a little boring. all i could think of was these girls are someones daughter and if it was mine i would be dragging her out of here and beating the shit out of anyone who tried to stop me.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rae
thanks a lot for that. could i just ask, the bottle thing, looked at this already, once you are in though and you have had the first bottle do you have to continue with a bottle service or can you drink whatever you want? i have a horrible feeling we would be stuck with a 2 grand bar bill.
That happened to my parents with their friends, they refused to pay(they charged an extortionate ammount for crap)and the bouncers were going to beat them up, my mums friend was preggers, my mum told them to f**k off and that she would go to the cops, she made a big scene, they let them go without paying, mind you that was a few ions ago
'
PS my mum said she had never seen anyone do 'that' with a chair before
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rae
as much as i hate to admit it i found the last one i went to recently on a stag do for a twenty something friend a little boring. all i could think of was these girls are someones daughter and if it was mine i would be dragging her out of here and beating the shit out of anyone who tried to stop me.
The last stag do my hubby went on, all the guys complained they were old enough to be their mothers
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:11 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Not sure if you play blackjack or how seriously. If you want to play for fun and cheap then the Sahara is good. They have $1 and $2 tables so its not serious and you wont piss anyone off etc. Still get free drinks while you play and quite a fun atmosphere. You won't win much but you won't lose much either. There is also a tattoo parlour.

For weddings I prefer the Little White Wedding Chapel. I've tried a couple of places but this has the right feel. They do have the drive-through option should you have a car. Queues for the wedding licence get quite long at city hall, but they are open 24/7 on weekends. Even so I have queued at midnight or after.
martin, you are officially invited, i like your style mate. we fly out of edmonton tomorrow at 1745. not to marry me though i should add.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.