Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

3 days of debauchery in Vegas...

3 days of debauchery in Vegas...

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:58 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 days of debauchery in Vegas...

Find a roof top bar with a great view of the strip.
see who is on at hard rock hotel (just off strip i think)
+ if you like rides, we had fun on the rollercoaster on top of new york hotel

Last edited by Bali2010; Mar 3rd 2010 at 9:00 am. Reason: wrong hotel - bad memory!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:11 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bali2010
Find a roof top bar with a great view of the strip.
see who is on at hard rock hotel (just off strip i think)
+ if you like rides, we had fun on the rollercoaster on top of new york hotel
Watching the sun set from the top of the Stratosphere then all the lights on the strip coming on is pretty cool.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:26 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

just a thought - I did a 4x4 trip in sedona into the desert - they might do something similar just outside vegas.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:33 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

just a thought - I did a 4x4 trip in sedona into the desert - they might do something similar just outside vegas.
I believe you get one of those "trips" for free if they catch you counting cards at some of the less salubrious establishments.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:45 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

If you see a dwarf woman with webbed hands called Sally who smells like vinegar, can you ask her if I can at least get the wallet back as it was a present from my girlfriend. Thanks.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:45 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

What's all this. Surely vegas is booze, gambling and leering at strippers.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by bsmith
I believe you get one of those "trips" for free if they catch you counting cards at some of the less salubrious establishments.
hah - loved the tale / film of the MIT whizz kids

Originally Posted by Alan2005
What's all this. Surely vegas is booze, gambling and leering at strippers.
but that is no different to any city in the uk
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:54 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

but that is no different to any city in the uk
I've not been to vegas, but I imagine the scale is slightly different to say Stoke or Hull.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

ScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond reputeScottyB has a reputation beyond repute

We went back in March last year for my brothers stag do, 12 p1ssed up Jocks!

I booked something for each day to get the lads out of their pits or away from the tables so that they did not do their lot.

We are all Forces or Ex Forces and the craic was amazing.

A list of things we did.

Las Vegas Speedway for a driving experience - amazing day in little single seaters doing 160 mph + round the bowl

Gun Range - The looks on the instructors faces when we all had groups that embarassed most of them...lol

Amazing meal at TAO restaurant think it was in the Venitian? can't remember i was blind drunk...lol

Parachute jump

Spring break pool party at the MGM - I felt like an old perv....lol

Helicopter trip to the grand canyon and hoover dam.

And of course the jack the rippers were amazing! - TJ's was probably the best of the ones we visited - think thats what it was called?

A litle bit of advice!

You may struggle to get into night clubs as a group of guys, best way round this is to book a table with a bottle, you can then skip the horendous queue's and guarantee entry. Just google one of the VIP companies like A List Vegas and they will sort you with a guide - VERY expensive but worth it for the night life!

Regards

ScottyB
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Oink
If you see a dwarf woman with webbed hands called Sally who smells like vinegar, can you ask her if I can at least get the wallet back as it was a present from my girlfriend. Thanks.
...She may have stolen your wallet, but she stole my heart.

edit: just realized that reads like a country 'n western lyric?

Last edited by bsmith; Mar 3rd 2010 at 10:55 am. Reason: gone all garth brookes
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:31 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if you play blackjack or how seriously. If you want to play for fun and cheap then the Sahara is good. They have $1 and $2 tables so its not serious and you wont piss anyone off etc. Still get free drinks while you play and quite a fun atmosphere. You won't win much but you won't lose much either. There is also a tattoo parlour.

For weddings I prefer the Little White Wedding Chapel. I've tried a couple of places but this has the right feel. They do have the drive-through option should you have a car. Queues for the wedding licence get quite long at city hall, but they are open 24/7 on weekends. Even so I have queued at midnight or after.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:31 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Not sure if you play blackjack or how seriously. If you want to play for fun and cheap then the Sahara is good. They have $1 and $2 tables so its not serious and you wont piss anyone off etc. Still get free drinks while you play and quite a fun atmosphere. You won't win much but you won't lose much either. There is also a tattoo parlour.

For weddings I prefer the Little White Wedding Chapel. I've tried a couple of places but this has the right feel. They do have the drive-through option should you have a car. Queues for the wedding licence get quite long at city hall, but they are open 24/7 on weekends. Even so I have queued at midnight or after.
How many times have you been married there?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:37 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Not sure if you play blackjack or how seriously. If you want to play for fun and cheap then the Sahara is good. They have $1 and $2 tables so its not serious and you wont piss anyone off etc. Still get free drinks while you play and quite a fun atmosphere.
I found it that the frequency of free drinks (when playing the slots) was very much linked to the amount you were putting in the machine. The 25c machines, you might see a waitress once an hour. The $100 machines, you had your own personal waitress. All, in all, it's cheaper to pay for your drinks than gamble and get them free but of course thats not the point.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:46 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
How many times have you been married there?
I did exaggerate for effect. Actually only twice. I'm not entirely confident either were legal.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I found it that the frequency of free drinks (when playing the slots) was very much linked to the amount you were putting in the machine. The 25c machines, you might see a waitress once an hour. The $100 machines, you had your own personal waitress. All, in all, it's cheaper to pay for your drinks than gamble and get them free but of course thats not the point.
Certainly true of playing slots. With blackjack (assuming you at least play decent basic strategy which is not hard) the house edge is pretty minimal so you won't be losing a lot. At the dollar tables you might have to work to get a waitress as regularly as you would like and I would recommend not drinking the house spirits neat. Ten buck tables and up you will start getting a few decent cocktails.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.