Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

25cm of snow and it's nearly April

25cm of snow and it's nearly April

Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:49 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 25cm of snow and it's nearly April

Originally Posted by Greenhill
What the hell were you burning woman, the winter tyres?
LOL I wish it was my snow boots! No, just tree branches and they weren't even making any smoke!
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:50 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
"Sucks to be you hey - fancy a beer?"
I just looked at her and thought "Are you completely, seriously FOR REAL"!!!
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

lol...it was 35c on Sunday here and it was actually too hot to be out, so we had to escape to the air-conditioned mall. But you can keep the snow!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:26 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Come on you lot, cheer up

I know I've posted before with comments like "winter is too long" and "April is disappointing" but this year I'm making an effort to turn this around and make this time of year a bit more interesting...

So... on Sunday I set up the firepit and had a very memorable barbecue/"burn everything flammable in sight to keep warm" experience (which was, er, very memorable )

Today, without complaint or incident, I shoveled a path through the snow to the car and drove/slid to work in around the same time the radio announcer listed out all the closures and cancellations.

Tomorrow, well, England are playing a World Cup qualifier and both Gerrard and Rooney are fit to play. With everyone watching those two, no doubt a Beckham cross to Crouch's head will win that one.

And I've organised a paintball tournament for the end of the month, so all is good

I just take the weather as it comes and on Sunday I was sitting on my porch wearing a thin t-shirt and jeans enjoying the morning sun and it was actually warm. Shame we had a snow storm yesterday though.

Tomorrow I head back to Aberdeen for 9 days and whilst it was cold there last week it was 17C today (but that was probably their summer and will only last 1 day ).

This will be my first trip back to Scotland since emigrating just over 2 years ago ......................
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:27 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
I just take the weather as it comes and on Sunday I was sitting on my porch wearing a thin t-shirt and jeans enjoying the morning sun and it was actually warm. Shame we had a snow storm yesterday though.

Tomorrow I head back to Aberdeen for 9 days and whilst it was cold there last week it was 17C today (but that was probably their summer and will only last 1 day ).

This will be my first trip back to Scotland since emigrating just over 2 years ago ......................
Enjoy yourself!!! I loved it when I went back it was a shame it was only for a week though.

Back on topic it snowed 6cm overnight I think that should be it now :curse: