Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

25cm of snow and it's nearly April

25cm of snow and it's nearly April

Old Mar 31st 2009, 1:03 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 25cm of snow and it's nearly April

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Anything to brighten someones day...
So I was just wandering do you guys get the same flood worries as MB?
Old Mar 31st 2009, 1:20 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Round these parts we leave our snow tires on until the end of May at least........
Old Mar 31st 2009, 1:21 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livermanl
I don't think so. We definately don't - we are on top of a hill
Old Mar 31st 2009, 1:30 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I don't think so. We definately don't - we are on top of a hill
There's a hill there, we got to get ourselves one of those
Old Mar 31st 2009, 1:39 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Round these parts we leave our snow tires on until the end of May at least........
Had no choice. Handed back the lease car last month and the summers were slick so I left the winters and rims on there to compensate and not force me to buy a full new set right away for a car I was handing back. Otherwise I would still have winters on here too.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by livermanl
We had pretty bad flooding in Fredericton last year - they are warning the same could happen this year but we'll just have to wait and see. We didn't get quite as much snow here yesterday as Moncton did though thankfully.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 2:56 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Calgary, 25cm two weekends ago, 15-25cm this past weekend another 5cm forecast for tonight and more flurries for Thursday.

The winter that never ends.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:01 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Calgary, 25cm two weekends ago, 15-25cm this past weekend another 5cm forecast for tonight and more flurries for Thursday.

The winter that never ends.
You poor poppet.

I will think fondly of you when I munch my next chunk of Balderson (this one is six years old - to die for).
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I will think fondly of you when I munch my next chunk of Balderson (this one is six years old - to die for).
You really do know how to hurt a guy.

Have you ever tried those "fat free" cheese (think plastic) slices?
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:06 pm

Have you ever tried those "fat free" cheese (think plastic) slices?
I've used them to fill holes and cracks in walls. Do they have other uses?
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:06 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P;
You really do know how to hurt a guy.
On the lines of "kicking a man while he's down";

It is a-snowing not in Richmond Hill.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I've used them to fill holes and cracks in walls. Do they have other uses?
They are edible (only just), don't taste of anything though.

They'd be better for filling cracks and holes. Can you paint over after they dry?
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:15 pm

They are edible (only just), don't taste of anything though.

They'd be better for filling cracks and holes. Can you paint over after they dry?
Yes, if you let them cure properly and use latex paint.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
It is a-snowing not in Richmond Hill.
Thanks for that.

Rain tomorrow, Friday, Sunday and Monday.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/..._metric_e.html
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:53 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.

Rain tomorrow, Friday, Sunday and Monday.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/..._metric_e.html
I don't mind rain - it is good for us Brits to have some rain - reminds us of our past lives in Great Britain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.