Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

12:05 am on Dec 26th. Is this horror over yet?

12:05 am on Dec 26th. Is this horror over yet?

Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Alinew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 12:05 am on Dec 26th. Is this horror over yet?

we survived ours... 1st one here, and not forced to any conviviality either, apart that we have 2 little kiddies.
We do not have our furnitures yet so it was kept very simple!!!
The presies were extremely modest and simple - have to be, until we get some jobs sorted.

I have not been a big fan of the festivities in the past, and you have my sympathy, putting up with situation you don't enjoy is certainly unplaisant...

Really liked on TV though, there was a channel called Christmas Frieplace!!!!! (logs burning, with music) my 20 months old looked at me and said oooooh HOT!!!! (LOL!!!) so I flicked worrying she'd go to the tv and realise it wasn't hot then in the future she might not be careful with real fire

So far Boxing Day, back from sledging, had a FAB time and met our first friends!!! here

Novocastrian, wishing some better times ahead!

Christmas is a time when you get homesick - even when you're home. ~Carol Nelson

Aline
Old Dec 26th 2009, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I've posted some really warm and fuzzy Christmas posts lately. I not proud of it.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 9:03 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mistress Miggins
You must be a real pleasure to live with then...........I had a family member who had the attitude and he spoilt it for everyone else, every year.

Get over it and reframe it to be something that's not so bad, for everyone elses sake!

Mrs M x
Oh, everyone else has a whale of a time. They bloody should do when you see the presents I buy them.

I'm no Scrooge, but when you go out of your way to obtain a couple of bottles of Chateau la Fleur de Bouard to take to dinner and they disappear without trace, to be replaced with some screw top vino plonka, it does limit your jolliness.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Oh, everyone else has a whale of a time. They bloody should do when you see the presents I buy them.

I'm no Scrooge, but when you go out of your way to obtain a couple of bottles of Chateau la Fleur de Bouard to take to dinner and they disappear without trace, to be replaced with some screw top vino plonka, it does limit your jolliness.
Ouch - that hurts! That's not down to Christmas - that's down to your hosts being tossers! Jerks!
Old Dec 26th 2009, 9:52 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by triumphguy
Ouch - that hurts! That's not down to Christmas - that's down to your hosts being tossers! Jerks!
Actually, they're not, they're very good and old friends, but having said that, and being used to Mrs. Castrian's culinary expertise, it's always a bit of a trial to dine at their place.

Ah, well. It won't happen for another two years. It's our turn for 2010.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

You come to dinner here. I'll help you drink whatever you bring. Hic

Might even roast part of a cow too
Old Dec 26th 2009, 10:29 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by fledermaus
You come to dinner here. I'll help you drink whatever you bring. Hic

Might even roast part of a cow too
Most generous. Which part?
Old Dec 26th 2009, 10:39 pm
Nova Scotia

MrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant future

Chateau la Fleur de Bouard, is a nice proper wine. (i've only tried the Cabernet Sauvignon, but it was excellent) Them not showing would put a kink in my socks.

I havn't had any wine this Christmas I like the Jost Port, I think it was the 96 they added a hint of citrus, great with duck... sigh none of that this year either.

And bloody hell its almost 2010. 2010!!!!!
wheres my blasted rocket car and my robot maid?

At least I spent this Christmas with the relatives of my choice and the rest of the festering rectum scabs didnt come to visit... bloody reptiles.

I'm with you on this one BAH HUMBUG! *raises a cup of weak cold tea*
bloody hell.

Last edited by MrBeaver; Dec 26th 2009 at 10:41 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 10:43 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by MrBeaver
Chateau la Fleur de Bouard, is a nice proper wine. (i've only tried the Cabernet Sauvignon, but it was excellent) Them not showing would put a kink in my socks.

I havn't had any wine this Christmas I like the Jost Port, I think it was the 96 they added a hint of citrus, great with duck... sigh none of that this year either.

At least I spent this Christmas with the relatives of my choice and the rest of the festering rectum scabs didnt come to visit... bloody reptiles.

bloody hell.
<Raises a bottle of canadian swill in acknowledgement.>
Old Dec 26th 2009, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, they're not, they're very good and old friends, but having said that, and being used to Mrs. Castrian's culinary expertise, it's always a bit of a trial to dine at their place.

Ah, well. It won't happen for another two years. It's our turn for 2010.
I've sent you karma for "sucking it up!" Hope you have a good Christmas nosh next year!
Old Dec 26th 2009, 11:05 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by triumphguy
I've sent you karma for "sucking it up!" Hope you have a good Christmas nosh next year!
Err, thanks. But isn't that a quite different thread?
Old Dec 26th 2009, 11:10 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

I was given a bottle of 80 proof Bermuda rum yesterday (I don't think it was very strong as there's not much left). Anyway, PM your address and we will visit tomorrow. We will bring proper tea and brew it in a traditional English fashion. Do you get soccer on your TV? Got any kebabs? Do you like to eat kidneys? Would you like a fight?

bloody hell.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 11:56 pm
Nova Scotia

MrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Greenhill
I was given a bottle of 80 proof Bermuda rum yesterday (I don't think it was very strong as there's not much left). Anyway, PM your address and we will visit tomorrow. We will bring proper tea and brew it in a traditional English fashion. Do you get soccer on your TV? Got any kebabs? Do you like to eat kidneys? Would you like a fight?
There we go, football and bare knuckle brawls... you can eat all the bloody kidneys you want, I can't even convince my cat to eat those. Ohh Kababs... good plan!
Old Dec 27th 2009, 12:05 am
Born again atheist

There we go, football and bare knuckle brawls... you can eat all the bloody kidneys you want, I can't even convince my cat to eat those. Ohh Kababs... good plan!
There's nothing like Christmas, is there?
Old Dec 27th 2009, 12:06 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
I was given a bottle of Canadian rye whisky (Wisers) which I won't be drinking again as it seemed the more I drank of it, the more the others at the party became obnoxious aholes. It was most unpleasant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.