Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

1 year on & life is Good

1 year on & life is Good

Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:30 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold
Default 1 year on & life is Good

Well after just over a year, life here in Calgary seems to be finally turning out the way we hoped.

What with a new house, new job (for me), possible new job for Hubby after being head hunted, and a new car for me which I pick up on Friday, things are falling into place.

The first year was a bigger challenge than we ever could have imagined, but we stuck it out and are so glad with did.

Now all we need is the Flames to win the Stanley Cup and life will be complete!!!!!

Hope some of you out there are feeling the same way and for any of you are having a hard time, I hope this gives you some inspiration.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:03 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1 year on & life is Good

Glad to hear things are going well for you. I kind of hope I don't have to wait a year to get that feeling though Did you just take some time to adjust or did things go slightly wrong?
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear that everything is working out well for you both, i'm real pleased for you

Arris
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Well after just over a year, life here in Calgary seems to be finally turning out the way we hoped.

What with a new house, new job (for me), possible new job for Hubby after being head hunted, and a new car for me which I pick up on Friday, things are falling into place.

The first year was a bigger challenge than we ever could have imagined, but we stuck it out and are so glad with did.

Now all we need is the Flames to win the Stanley Cup and life will be complete!!!!!

Hope some of you out there are feeling the same way and for any of you are having a hard time, I hope this gives you some inspiration.
Congratulations you two, I am glad its all working out.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:25 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to you both, best of luck for Steve in the possible new job.

And a very happy one year anniversary.

Cheers
Steve
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to all

Congratulations - long may it continue!!!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:17 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, Steve and Tanya. Thank you for giving us an update.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats you two - sounds like you have a great attitude! That alone will get you where you want to be!

Don't think we'll be bringing Stanley back home, though Hope I'm wrong about that!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:45 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Calgal
Don't think we'll be bringing Stanley back home, though Hope I'm wrong about that!
Oh yeah of little faith.

(Admittedly I'll be bringing home after nicking it from the Ducks )
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:46 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Guys, see you on the 26th.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Oh yeah of little faith.
After last year, I'm just bein' a realist (or is that fatalist?), dahling......

Be really cool if they did though! I have to admit after reading a post from a Detroit local, she almost got me supporting the red wings!!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:37 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gloveman
Glad to hear things are going well for you. I kind of hope I don't have to wait a year to get that feeling though Did you just take some time to adjust or did things go slightly wrong?
We took to Calgary and the Canadian way of life like a duck to water and felt at home here from the moment we landed. The challenges we faced were all financial.

The combination of house prices rising dramtically whilest we were looking to buy, Hubby only being on an apprentice wage and not being able to get credit for things (and even when we did having to put down a huge deposit) meant our funds soon dwindled away to nothing. We knew it wasn't going to be easy but watching all your savings vanish and not really having much to show for it takes it toll.

We have taken advantage of the housing market now though and made a tidy profit off our house in less than a year, which has now enabled us to eliminate basically all our debt except for the mortgage. It is a huge weight off our shoulders and the reason life finally seems to be what we had hoped for.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:52 am
Suzy Q

Suzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud of

We took to Calgary and the Canadian way of life like a duck to water and felt at home here from the moment we landed. The challenges we faced were all financial.

The combination of house prices rising dramtically whilest we were looking to buy, Hubby only being on an apprentice wage and not being able to get credit for things (and even when we did having to put down a huge deposit) meant our funds soon dwindled away to nothing. We knew it wasn't going to be easy but watching all your savings vanish and not really having much to show for it takes it toll.

We have taken advantage of the housing market now though and made a tidy profit off our house in less than a year, which has now enabled us to eliminate basically all our debt except for the mortgage. It is a huge weight off our shoulders and the reason life finally seems to be what we had hoped for.
Glad it is all starting to work out really well for you and is turning out how you hoped, good luck with the new jobs and enjoy your new home and car.

And said loud, proud & with passion "GO FLAMES GO"
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:19 am
Just Joined

Wendy E is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 1 year on & life is Good

We are in same boat - one year (albeit in Ontario), life in Canada seems pretty good.
I thought the whole Hockey thing was going to drive me nuts at first, but now we have a 7 year old, fearless player who has just finished his 1st season and did so well he has made me an addict.
NHL wise though, don't know who I should support?? Maple Leaf I guess???
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:29 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you! I am pleased to hear it's all going well and that it's been a positive move for you.... hope it continues in abundance.

And yes, let's go Flames!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.