Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Malta
Reload this Page >

U.K.T.V. in Malta

U.K.T.V. in Malta

Old Jul 20th 2011, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

maltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to behold
Default U.K.T.V. in Malta

Today i was offered a sky tv package for the same cost as in the U/K. by what looked like a very reputable company. Although the box, dish and fitting were expensive in comparison, this was being sold regardless of having a British address and was given as to being as fully legitimate. I have always understood viewing this content to be illegal to use outside Britain although many do but does anyone know if Sky policy has been changed to cover Europe in general recently.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

tazster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: U.K.T.V. in Malta

i dont think its illegal, i believe that the copyright only applies to the uk, and if you access from abroad there is little that can be done. you can access free to air channels through the likes of a technomate reciever for any country that your dish picks up the satelite for this is common in uk spain etc where companies set up motorised dishes and use satelite information to tune free to air channels to get increased coverage

Last edited by tazster; Feb 18th 2012 at 8:18 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

maltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to behold

The past couple of weeks have seen the opening of all i.t.v. and b.b.c. as well as all other freesat channels without contract through my old sky box and 1.8m dish, might not last forever but i am happy for now.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Sipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by maltaman
The past couple of weeks have seen the opening of all i.t.v. and b.b.c. as well as all other freesat channels without contract through my old sky box and 1.8m dish, might not last forever but i am happy for now.
hope it lasts I take it no one does cable out there??
Old Mar 14th 2012, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, Melita do a cable t/v service with various optional levels but as with many things in the smaller countries it aint that good.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

bomber2908 is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived in Germany for a while with many Irish pubs (English pubs do not exist so it seems) Having UK/Irish Sky legally. I know of a few that have this, also Brits at home. However there is some kind of an extra charge. There is another option called AD TV or similar where you can access the online players such as iPlayer, 4oD and others including some US it is like £30 for 6 months and all legal have many UK friends abroad using it without any issues.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

ericthered is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maltaman
Today i was offered a sky tv package for the same cost as in the U/K. by what looked like a very reputable company. Although the box, dish and fitting were expensive in comparison, this was being sold regardless of having a British address and was given as to being as fully legitimate. I have always understood viewing this content to be illegal to use outside Britain although many do but does anyone know if Sky policy has been changed to cover Europe in general recently.
I have a 1.5 metre dish accurately aligned to Astra 28.2, together with a clarke-tech digital satellite receiver model 2100 ( although later models are now available in Malta) I receive all freesat channels, ie BBC 1,2,3,4. ITV 1,2,3,4. Ch. 4 & 5 a total of around 70 + channels of interest, all perfectly legal.ericthered
Old Nov 16th 2012, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

So how much is a big dish for FreeSat, the rest I can bring from UK - on another note the hotel I stayed at in Malta was charging seven euro a day for payTV with a couple of crap news channels for free viewing (didn't pay for viewing so don't know how good it was) which if they could have got Freesat makes them either greedy or idiotic (as I will stay elsewhere next time).
Old Nov 18th 2012, 8:33 am
Just Joined

ericthered is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britishbull
So how much is a big dish for FreeSat, the rest I can bring from UK - on another note the hotel I stayed at in Malta was charging seven euro a day for payTV with a couple of crap news channels for free viewing (didn't pay for viewing so don't know how good it was) which if they could have got Freesat makes them either greedy or idiotic (as I will stay elsewhere next time).
The 1.5 m. dish will be about 300-400 eu. not including installaton. I did the installation myself and settings, this is a fixed dish on 28.2 degrees,very satisfied with what I have, maybe as you know if you have a 'dreambox' you can receive all scrambled channels for a monthly fee, however not sure about the legality.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

THanks for the info, I found this site with some installers if anyone else is interested:

http://www.maltapark.com/search.asp?...satellite+dish
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 8:43 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Or you can watch BBC for instance on iPlayer by hiding your ass
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

kevin59uk5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi hope you can help me out hopeing to move to malta but need to know how hard is it to find work and a home am a ex- undertaker would like to see if i can find the same kind of work over there thank you
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 8:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin59uk5
Hi hope you can help me out hopeing to move to malta but need to know how hard is it to find work and a home am a ex- undertaker would like to see if i can find the same kind of work over there thank you
You'll need to start your own thraed Kevin, it will be lost in this one about advice re tv in Malta
Old Dec 15th 2012, 6:03 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Google ..filmon.com for free UK TV or expat shield.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

I was watching BBC TV using their player on my android smart phone using the hotel's free Wi-Fi in Malta hiding behind the Hideman app which gave a UK IP... worked great but now I am back in the UK the Beeb seem to have sussed what I have been doing and disabled the player (which I have reinstalled) so it won't play TV any more even though I am really in the UK. No great loss as I have a TV but just a couple of things I wanted to catch up on.

So you may only get away with using a fake IP for a short period of time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.