Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Malta
Reload this Page >

Offering tutoring and proof reading - can anyone help?

Offering tutoring and proof reading - can anyone help?

Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

165721 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Offering tutoring and proof reading - can anyone help?

Hi,

My partner is looking for work as an English Literature teacher (she has 9 years experience), and is sending her CV to the independent/private schools. In the meantime she is trying to get some interest for services she is offering in proof reading and English tuition (not as a foreign language).

Does anyone have any idea how to get people to see ads for these? We have tried maltapark, freeads and Sunday Times, but nothing firm has come in. We have also sent a poster to the Students Union as they said they would put it on their noticeboard. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jack
Old Apr 17th 2012, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Manuia has a spectacular aura aboutManuia has a spectacular aura aboutManuia has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Offering tutoring and proof reading - can anyone help?

Bonjour les amis !
You can subscribe to the Gozonews email list. It's a nice way to be in touch with and feel kind of part of the community wherever you are.
http://gozonews.com/classifieds/
While living in New Zealand, I worked at Auckland Uni and their Newsletter has proven very useful. So why not look into Malta University Campus ?
What about the Office for Tourism ? They do publish a lot of stuff.
May I ask you what's happening with the Bookshop project ? Are you in Gozo yet as I will be there soon (I live in Provence right now). May be we could meet.

Amicalement,

Sabine
Old Apr 18th 2012, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manuia
Bonjour les amis !
You can subscribe to the Gozonews email list. It's a nice way to be in touch with and feel kind of part of the community wherever you are.
http://gozonews.com/classifieds/
While living in New Zealand, I worked at Auckland Uni and their Newsletter has proven very useful. So why not look into Malta University Campus ?
What about the Office for Tourism ? They do publish a lot of stuff.
May I ask you what's happening with the Bookshop project ? Are you in Gozo yet as I will be there soon (I live in Provence right now). May be we could meet.

Amicalement,

Sabine
Hi,

Thanks for your comments. The book shop ideas was just that, an idea, just kind of brainstorming and working it all out! We were and are trying to think of things that she can do. Incidentally, we are in Malta not Gozo. We have sent her details to the students union who will list her services and tried the Sunday Times, freeads, Maltapark, so just trying to get other ideas...

Cheers,

JJ
Old Jul 12th 2012, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Tried a few places and got one bit of work (via Maltapark) but not as much as we need. I've set up a Facebook page English Language Services to see if that helps. People said there would be a lot of work for a highly qualified and experienced English teacher, but it doesn't seem to be the case...