Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

What's good to do in Malaysia?

What's good to do in Malaysia?

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:52 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's good to do in Malaysia?

I'm going to be in KL for a bit in the next couple of months are fancy seeing a bit more of Malaysia. Has anyone been to Borneo? Any recommendations of things to do would be very much appreciated. We are outdoorsy backpacker types, no kids.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's good to do in Malaysia?

By Borneo I suppose you mean Sarawak, Sabah, Brunei and not Kalimantan????

See the Orang Utangs.
Visit a longhouse.
Niah caves
Beaches
Usual stuff.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:24 am

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex reg
By Borneo I suppose you mean Sarawak, Sabah, Brunei and not Kalimantan????

See the Orang Utangs.
Visit a longhouse.
Niah caves
Beaches
Usual stuff.
I think so. I've got a lonely planet ordered from eBay! Is it good ? A bit tourist traily or worth it? Not arsed about beaches as I live in Oz. The orang utan jungle stuff sounds appealing perhaps

Last edited by Turban Explorer; Mar 22nd 2011 at 4:34 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 9:29 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Turban, you might want to do a search on this sub-forum for Sarawak. I know that Strider on here wrote quite a lot recently about his Sarawak trip. And I think our well travelled Asia expert Ex-Reg did too. Go search, young man
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi Turban, you might want to do a search on this sub-forum for Sarawak. I know that Strider on here wrote quite a lot recently about his Sarawak trip. And I think our well travelled Asia expert Ex-Reg did too. Go search, young man
Young lady! Thanks very much. I shall search away
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

joamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud of

I went to Bako park in Sarawak last week....it's an amazing place and I would highly recommend a trip. Proboscis monkey, silver leaf monkey, wild pigs, cold mountain water showers, lots of hiking trails and a beautiful view. You can only get there by boat so you can only get in and out at certain times. if you are interested have a look at this website.

http://www.forestry.sarawak.gov.my/f...np/np/bako.htm
Old Mar 26th 2011, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Hi Turban,

East Malaysia is a delight. For Sabah, I fly into Labuan first, on account its cheaper and duty free. Then take the high speed ferry RM35 to Kota Kinabalu. Food in KK is going from good to fantastic as they really get their act together.

I get around on public buses and have taken buses from Kudat in the East to Kuching Sarawak in the West.

The people in East Mal are wonderful, open and friendly. From Kadazans in Sabah to Iban in Sarawak. If you get a chance to stay in a real Longhouse, do as its a very different experience.

I have done a couple of quick blogs and if you PM me I can give the sites to you.

Enjoy
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:17 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Strider24

I have done a couple of quick blogs and if you PM me I can give the sites to you.

Enjoy
If you go to My Profile, then Edit Profile, you can stick a link in to your very readable blog there (under own website) if you wish

As I understand it, the rules on BE are no blatant advertising... but informative blogs, websites I believe are okay. No doubt Sue will correct me if I've got that wrong.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Silly me. Just realise I have already done that. Old timers setting in lah.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 8:25 am

Really? I thought it would show up on here. Shows what I know then.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Really? I thought it would show up on here. Shows what I know then.
Would be good if it did. However I find that if you click onto a members "handle" a drop down gives some options and if you then click "View Profile" there is a mention of any contacts, which include blog's.

Maybe other links, but I haven't found them.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 8:53 am

Take a look at one of Atilla's postings. He seems to have gotten his blog somehow under his messages A bit advanced for me.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

A ha...if you add it to "Location" it can be seen
Old Mar 28th 2011, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice

Hi both, I just used the 'Signature' section under My Profile IIRC and added the "View my Blog: Link" manually. Makes it more obvious I think. That way it recognises the text as a URL and clicking it will take you there.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:33 am

Ah... it's the signature... so that's how you do it. I'd do it but I don't have a blog, just ramble and chatter on forums

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.