Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

What is 3 tyre security in Condos?

What is 3 tyre security in Condos?

Old Jul 14th 2013, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

saiprasad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is 3 tyre security in Condos?

What does it mean 3 tier security in a Condo in KL?

Just curious to know the access cards when stolen/lost is easy to be used by the Person who found it or stolen?

Or does the card funtion only through the personal fingerprints of the owner?

When I rent a condo, what type of security measures I should look for (other than presence of mind)?

Last edited by saiprasad; Jul 14th 2013 at 12:45 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 12:38 pm
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is 3 tyre security in Condos?

Assuming you mean 3 tier security??

In our condo we have access cards, which we use to operate the boom gates at the guardhouse to enter the compound, use again to enter the building from the carpark or the front entrance and use yet again to operate the lift. Residents can only go to their own floor. If we want to visit a friend in the building we have to go to the geound floor and have the guards call up to get permission.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

ajw thanks. I am looking for a unit in Desa Park City. Do you know by chance how good is the security measures there? Either in a Condo or in a gated community house? Tks
Old Jul 15th 2013, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Nakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond repute

I'd imagine the three tiers are into development, into condo building, and into apartment.

I have to swipe to get onto site, swipe again to enter car park, swipe to enter my tower, swipe to use the lift and then also unlock the double lock on our door; passing at least half a dozen security guards in the process!

Driving around Desa Park the other weekend security (what's visible from the street) seemed good and consistent with elsewhere in KL I.e. secure access gates into each development area.

Last edited by Nakrob; Jul 15th 2013 at 8:40 am. Reason: Typo
Old Jul 15th 2013, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Nakrob, the place where I live overseas does not have a security nor to be afraid of burglary. Sorry for my pessimistic question for which I do apologise:-)

What if one loose their Card (which I sincerely wish not to happen), then
the swiping of cards onto site, car park, Tower and lift could be performed by an outsider except the double lock at the door.

Sounds like paranoid, sorry again, but could be a probability which could happen. Are there Finger prints supported while swiping the cards?

Last edited by saiprasad; Jul 15th 2013 at 4:46 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Nakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond repute

My card has no indication of the apartment number and having 400+ units in the development would make it difficult for someone holding my card to access my apartment. Admittedly if I lost my card with my ID (address shown) then its easy to narrow down but this would all be the same without the security system.

IMHO, from what I've seen so far in downtown KL area the security is over the top but this may not be the same for all areas.

I've been to a few property renovations shows in KL recently and there are always stalls with biometric door locks so I'm sure you could fit one to the door with your landlords approval if that concerned.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Nakrob, an excellent idea of yours regarding biometric door locks.
This will keep my wife's mind peaceful and as a result, mine too.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Classics is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: What is 3 tyre security in Condos?

Originally Posted by saiprasad
ajw thanks. I am looking for a unit in Desa Park City. Do you know by chance how good is the security measures there? Either in a Condo or in a gated community house? Tks
If you need a condo, you can PM me. I can help you. Be assure that desa park city has one of best track record in security issue.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:31 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Classics
If you need a condo, you can PM me. I can help you. Be assure that desa park city has one of best track record in security issue.
Firstly, no one can pm you because you are a newbie on this forum
Secondly, please have a look at the posting rules relating to the forum which preclude people from soliciting for business within the site

Thanks for your cooperation