Tourist VISA

Old Oct 11th 2011, 4:26 am
Just Joined

martinmac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tourist VISA

Good afternoon everyone,

I am currently looking at relocating to KL with my partner so this forum has been very useful, thanks!

Anyway i currently work offshore in the UK and the intention is for me to continue doing this. I work 4 weeks on 4 weeks off so travelling will only be required 6 times a year!! However what VISA would i require on this basis that i will not be working in Malaysia? My partner however will hopefully be working so i assume the company she would work for would sort hers. She works in PR incase anyone on the forum has any vaccancies!!

I understand the tourist VISA allows 3 months in the country then you would have to leave for a day and return. Is this Kosher if i was not to be working in the country as everytime i returned to the uk to work my VISA would be renewed. Am i correct in thinking this or am i delusional?! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also is it easy enough to obtain health insurance, bank account, mortgage on a tourist VISA if the above is correct?!
Old Oct 11th 2011, 5:30 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tourist VISA

Hi and welcome to BE Phew, that's a lot of questions and not sure I can answer them all. I think you may find it difficult to get medical insurance without a valid visa.

If your OH has a job lined up, then presumably you can get a dependent visa? Not sure on this and maybe you need to be married. I'll let someone else answer that one.

What I do know for sure.... if you are earning offshore income (that is not in Malaysia) of more than RM 10,000+ a month, might be worth considering the MM2H visa. It's for retirement but doesn't have to be. Regrettably the government website has been down for a number of days, but the website is here http://www.mm2h.gov.my/

There are a few other hoops to jump through to get the visa, and also depends on your age, but opens up a few possibilities for you like a tax-free car or import tax-free from your own country, 10 year renewable visa for life, easy come-and-go in and out of the country.

There's a few threads on here about MM2H. I'll see if I can find some links a little bit later.

Anybody else want to chip in on this enquiry please?
Old Oct 11th 2011, 6:19 am
Just Joined

martinmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks bakedbean. Sorry about the numerous questions!!

I am only 27 so not sure whether the MM2H visa would apply but i will look into it.

My OH has been applying for positons in KL but unfortunately with little success so it might just be a matter of relocating and finding something out there for her.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 9:07 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

27... ha ha... yup maybe a little too early for a retirement visa I'll duck out here and let some others give you some info.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Harlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by martinmac View Post
Thanks bakedbean. Sorry about the numerous questions!!

I am only 27 so not sure whether the MM2H visa would apply but i will look into it.

My OH has been applying for positons in KL but unfortunately with little success so it might just be a matter of relocating and finding something out there for her.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Martinmac,

I think she definitely need to be inside KL to find work. I dont think they will take you seriously if your address is in the UK.