Small business

Old Nov 4th 2012, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

alexb123a is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Small business

Hi All

We are thinking of moving to the far east and we are looking at Malaysia.

My partner holds a PhD in Health Psychology and we run our own small business which we can take with us.

And my question is simply this, would they have us?

Thanks

Alex
Old Nov 5th 2012, 3:32 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small business

Hi Alex and welcome to the forum.

As you can see, I am a lazy retiree so cannot really help you. I think Abdul on here knows all about setting up a business. He should be along soon. If he isn't, try tagging on to an existing thread about businesses. If you pan through this forum, you'll see a few.

All the best with the plans. Malaysia is not a bad place to be IMHO.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 10:58 am
Just Joined

alexb123a is an unknown quantity at this point

Many Thanks Baked
Old Nov 6th 2012, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

abdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alex

I'm going through the business setup process at the moment and also have a business which I left running in the UK.

Are you planning on leaving one business setup where you are, and starting up a second in Malaysia? Or do you want to transfer the same business to Malaysia and run here?

When I considered taking my UK business with me (which was an online clothing retail store), I looked at the possibility of relocating it to Labuan due to tax benefits. But the logistics of an online setup made it difficult and I'll probably look at the feasability of that later on. For info: http://labuantax.com

With regards to setting up a new company in Malaysia, you are permitted to setup as 100% foreign owned limited company, but the minimum capital requirements for the company must be RM500,000. This capital does not have to be 'paid-up' but made clear in the companies Memorandum and division of shares etc.

A company setup doesn't take too long as long as all paperwork is in order. Express setups can be undertaken in a week! But as you have 90 days when you enter Malaysia on visit, it's a good idea to look around, get ideas and info and maybe visit immigration and sector related departments and offices.

Hope the above helps.

Regards
Abdul
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:43 am
Just Joined

gregoryhi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Alex, if u are interested in doing business in Iskandar Johor, i may advise u.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking at transferring my family, boy and girl still pre-school from Manila. I have also looked at the Labuan route it appears to be a cheaper if not more direct option than the formal retirement program.

Has anyone actually used this form of shell corporation to purchase their own home. Has anyone used such a shell company to start a Buy to Rent property company?
Old Nov 12th 2012, 1:09 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mikemike and welcome to the forum. I don't know much about business here or Labuan, but just to say that ANY foreigner may purchase property in Malaysia. You don't need the MM2H visa or any other visa to buy.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi mikemike and welcome to the forum. I don't know much about business here or Labuan, but just to say that ANY foreigner may purchase property in Malaysia. You don't need the MM2H visa or any other visa to buy.
Ty for this. I am unsure on how this works so please forgive my lack of knowledge. My understanding is that foreigners can buy but the minimum purchase figure has a floor level of how much? I understand that if you have a Labuan based company where you are the shareholder along with spouse etc that you are in effect a 'local' not a foreigner and can purchase at below the floor limit set for foreigners.?

Realtors ask for an IC number, how do you acquire one?

Thank you for bearing with me

Last edited by mikemike; Nov 12th 2012 at 11:59 pm.