Sim Cards

Old Jul 19th 2018, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

miramar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sim Cards

Hello All, We are arriving in Kuala Lumpur Monday and was wondering where you can buy a local sim card? Are they available in the airport? It's the first thing we need to buy. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jul 19th 2018, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Macsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sim Cards

Yes they are available at the airport, if I remember after you get off the aerotrain you will see a number of SIM providers offering deals. They will guide you through the offers available, depending on your requirements, and even change your SIM for you if you like. I bought iPhone and iPad SIM and always checked they were activated before I moved on but never had any issues.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Macsta
Yes they are available at the airport, if I remember after you get off the aerotrain you will see a number of SIM providers offering deals. They will guide you through the offers available, depending on your requirements, and even change your SIM for you if you like. I bought iPhone and iPad SIM and always checked they were activated before I moved on but never had any issues.
Thank you so much, that will save a lot of time buying the sim card at the airport!
Old Jul 19th 2018, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

I recently used Digi whilst in Malaysia . Very good and the wifi was a boon as we could order Grab cars (not dissimilar to Uber) to get us around.

https://new.digi.com.my/services/hello-malaysia

Cost 40rm = less than £8
Old Jul 19th 2018, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

You can buy it prior to immigration.
Old Jul 20th 2018, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

Several mobile companies have booths at the airport. You will need to register with your passport. It depends how long you're staying here and where you might be traveling in future, but Umobile (look for the orange branding) have a cheap PAYG option (1RM/day to keep the line active, including 1GB/month data) that also allows travel to many SEA (and some other) countries with unlimited roaming data for 10RM/day. Their local service is okay - not as good as some others, but cheap.
Old Jul 20th 2018, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Epicurious
Several mobile companies have booths at the airport. You will need to register with your passport. It depends how long you're staying here and where you might be traveling in future, but Umobile (look for the orange branding) have a cheap PAYG option (1RM/day to keep the line active, including 1GB/month data) that also allows travel to many SEA (and some other) countries with unlimited roaming data for 10RM/day. Their local service is okay - not as good as some others, but cheap.
Thank you everyone for the helpful information. Looking forward to coming to Malaysia!