Sarawak

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

kennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nice
Smile Sarawak

Hi All,

wife and myself are considering MM2H to Sarawak, and would like to check out places there first.

Could anybody recommend a couple of cheapish hotels in Kuching at all?

slight side issue..would anyone know if we can obtain a short term condo/house rental there..say, 2-3 months?

Thanks

Ken
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 8:23 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sarawak

Originally Posted by kennyboy33
Hi All,

wife and myself are considering MM2H to Sarawak, and would like to check out places there first.

Could anybody recommend a couple of cheapish hotels in Kuching at all?

slight side issue..would anyone know if we can obtain a short term condo/house rental there..say, 2-3 months?

Thanks

Ken
We've been on holiday to Borneo and really enjoyed Sarawak - bloody hot though. Hired a car at the airport - which was relatively easy and stayed at the Nanga Damai homestay - which was just wonderful (and very cheap) although something of a drive from the centre of Kuching - even if it's not convenient I'd recommend it for a few days. It's incredibly humid in Sarawak. I live in Far North Queensland so I'm used to sweating buckets and Borneo beat anything Oz has to offer hands down.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Backpacker hotels along Jalan Carpenter (extends to Jalan Ewe Hai). There is always the Tune Hotel as well.

Sure to be places to short term rent, but don't know of any real estate agents off hand to help.

Wonderful place to visit and the Kuching river front is something else again. Sibu I like as well and has probably one of the best markets anywhere.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

joamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud of

I've eaten at this place but never stayed, the owner is lovely and the food is great...it's also got really lovely gardens...it has a website, so take a look at Rom Orchid Garden. It's in Kuching but not in the main town area.

www.romhomestay.com