Renting in KL

Old Nov 27th 2013, 6:13 pm
mkk
Just Joined

mkk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renting in KL

Hi,
I'm from Denmark, but unfortunately we don't have a site like this in Denmark, so I hope you'll accept me here :-)

My husband is in talks about us moving to KL, and so I have been searching the internet for information, but haven't quite been able to find what I need, which brought me here :-)

Life in Denmark and Malaysia seems very different, so please forgive me if my questions seem to be common knowledge to you.

Now for the questions :-)
I've been looking at renting apartments and in most of the places I have searched, it says that there are different kinds of facilities, like swimming pool, tennis court, gymnasium, nursery, playground and so on. Do these things come at an extra cost or are they included in the rental price?

Bills? Are electricity and water normally included in the rental price, or is that something that we'll have to set up ourselves?

Think that's all for now

Thanks for your help
Old Nov 27th 2013, 10:25 pm
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting in KL

Hi mkk

Normally, facilities within an apartment/condo complex are open to its residents free of charge. The one exception might be a nursery but I would suggest you look at several before committing. I found it was quite for nice for children to get outside of the condo 'confines' daily and also make friends with a wider group of children. Also helps Mum to make new friends as well :-)

At the condo I was renting we paid electricity and water separately, although water might be included in some rentals. You shouldn't need to set this up; the bills will remain in the name of the landlord but you will be responsible for paying them.

Cheers
ajw
Old Nov 27th 2013, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

kuanming is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Day mkk,

Agree with AJW, In Malaysia, especially KL and Selangor, utilities charges (phone/electricity/water) are not part of rental and are to be paid separately by Tenant.

Most Condo/Apartment/Serviced Suites have all the facilities you mentioned except Nursery.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 5:18 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of Scandinavian families in KL. You might want to look at this page (if you're on FB):
https://www.facebook.com/ScandinavianSocietyMalaysia
Old Nov 28th 2013, 10:34 am
mkk
Just Joined

mkk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys :-)

I didn't search facebook for information :-)