British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/)
-   -   Rain rain rain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/rain-rain-rain-692540/)

bakedbean Nov 7th 2010 1:49 am

Rain rain rain

Boy... it's really chucking it down today. When it rains in the Tropics, it really rains.

redbean Nov 9th 2010 5:01 am

Re: Rain rain rain

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 8966313)
Boy... it's really chucking it down today. When it rains in the Tropics, it really rains.

You can say that again. I witnessed flooding at Phnom Penh 3 times or was it four when I was there and it was over a relatively short space of time. :lol:

The funny thing was seeing some of the motor bike riders stopping, even the tuk tuk drivers giving their vehicles a wash. What enterprising people, these guys are!

The kids came out to play whilst all I could think about is "omg...........what about waterborne diseases, contaminatied water, bits of turd floating in the muddy swirling water" :eek:

Strider24 Nov 10th 2010 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by redbean (Post 8970145)
You can say that again. I witnessed flooding at Phnom Penh 3 times or was it four when I was there and it was over a relatively short space of time. :lol:

The funny thing was seeing some of the motor bike riders stopping, even the tuk tuk drivers giving their vehicles a wash. What enterprising people, these guys are!

The kids came out to play whilst all I could think about is "omg...........what about waterborne diseases, contaminatied water, bits of turd floating in the muddy swirling water" :eek:

Come on lah. Just chill out at your favourite coffee stall and raise your feet when a 4WD throws a bow wave at you. Turds float on by lah.

redbean Nov 10th 2010 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Strider24 (Post 8973216)
Come on lah. Just chill out at your favourite coffee stall and raise your feet when a 4WD throws a bow wave at you. Turds float on by lah.

Do you mean the one where this kindly proprietor sent her son to wade across the muddy water with bits of turd floating past to buy a plastic bag for me?? ;)

Most of the Cambodian people are gracious, they seem to have a ready smile but behind that smile lies a broken heart. Wow! that really pulls at the heartstring. :(

Any floods in Malaysia to boast about? ;)

Strider24 Nov 11th 2010 12:50 am

Originally Posted by redbean (Post 8974107)
Do you mean the one where this kindly proprietor sent her son to wade across the muddy water with bits of turd floating past to buy a plastic bag for me?? ;)

Most of the Cambodian people are gracious, they seem to have a ready smile but behind that smile lies a broken heart. Wow! that really pulls at the heartstring. :(

Any floods in Malaysia to boast about? ;)

Not much rain in KL and south, but up backbean's way it was a bit tricky this past week or two. At one stage I think it was 50,000 people moved out of harms way and there has been a few deaths. I have a friend who's brother lives in Hat Yai and he says water was 7 feet deep in the town centre!!. I wouldn't buy any "specials" there for a while.

bakedbean Nov 11th 2010 8:38 am

Who is backbean? :unsure::confused:

Southern Thailand and Northern Malaysia got it bad recently. I think Alor Setar's airport is still closed isn't it? That was flooded pretty badly. Hat Yai in southern Thailand looked pretty grim too.

redbean Nov 11th 2010 9:24 am

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 8975028)

I thought that another bean by the name of backbean has decided to join up the family of beans! :rofl:

Strider24 Nov 11th 2010 9:30 am

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 8975028)

Southern Thailand and Northern Malaysia got it bad recently. I think Alor Setar's airport is still closed isn't it? That was flooded pretty badly. Hat Yai in southern Thailand looked pretty grim too.

OK OK I promise to check what I 1 finger type before sending lah!!