Rain rain rain

Old Nov 7th 2010, 1:49 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rain rain rain

Boy... it's really chucking it down today. When it rains in the Tropics, it really rains.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

redbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rain rain rain

Originally Posted by bakedbean View Post
Boy... it's really chucking it down today. When it rains in the Tropics, it really rains.
You can say that again. I witnessed flooding at Phnom Penh 3 times or was it four when I was there and it was over a relatively short space of time.

The funny thing was seeing some of the motor bike riders stopping, even the tuk tuk drivers giving their vehicles a wash. What enterprising people, these guys are!

The kids came out to play whilst all I could think about is "omg...........what about waterborne diseases, contaminatied water, bits of turd floating in the muddy swirling water"
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by redbean View Post
You can say that again. I witnessed flooding at Phnom Penh 3 times or was it four when I was there and it was over a relatively short space of time.

The funny thing was seeing some of the motor bike riders stopping, even the tuk tuk drivers giving their vehicles a wash. What enterprising people, these guys are!

The kids came out to play whilst all I could think about is "omg...........what about waterborne diseases, contaminatied water, bits of turd floating in the muddy swirling water"
Come on lah. Just chill out at your favourite coffee stall and raise your feet when a 4WD throws a bow wave at you. Turds float on by lah.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

redbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Strider24 View Post
Come on lah. Just chill out at your favourite coffee stall and raise your feet when a 4WD throws a bow wave at you. Turds float on by lah.
Do you mean the one where this kindly proprietor sent her son to wade across the muddy water with bits of turd floating past to buy a plastic bag for me??

Most of the Cambodian people are gracious, they seem to have a ready smile but behind that smile lies a broken heart. Wow! that really pulls at the heartstring.

Any floods in Malaysia to boast about?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by redbean View Post
Do you mean the one where this kindly proprietor sent her son to wade across the muddy water with bits of turd floating past to buy a plastic bag for me??

Most of the Cambodian people are gracious, they seem to have a ready smile but behind that smile lies a broken heart. Wow! that really pulls at the heartstring.

Any floods in Malaysia to boast about?
Not much rain in KL and south, but up backbean's way it was a bit tricky this past week or two. At one stage I think it was 50,000 people moved out of harms way and there has been a few deaths. I have a friend who's brother lives in Hat Yai and he says water was 7 feet deep in the town centre!!. I wouldn't buy any "specials" there for a while.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:38 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Who is backbean?

Southern Thailand and Northern Malaysia got it bad recently. I think Alor Setar's airport is still closed isn't it? That was flooded pretty badly. Hat Yai in southern Thailand looked pretty grim too.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Who is backbean?
I thought that another bean by the name of backbean has decided to join up the family of beans!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Who is backbean?

Southern Thailand and Northern Malaysia got it bad recently. I think Alor Setar's airport is still closed isn't it? That was flooded pretty badly. Hat Yai in southern Thailand looked pretty grim too.
OK OK I promise to check what I 1 finger type before sending lah!!