Questions about penang

Old Jan 27th 2016, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

InFlagranteDelicto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions about penang

Sri York could be an option. Budget is about right. They have a squash court and they have 2 tennis courts behind the facility which are available very cheap. Pool is large but too cold for my liking as it is surrounded by buildings. Has a canteen which is very handy and maintenance and security are good.
Gym isnt up to scratch.
Gurney Beach has a great pool and tennis court but 2000RM is not going to cut it there.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 2:29 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gunnar45
Oops, I meant to end my #26 post with < 2000RM monthly.
I see now that parts of what I write in a post get lost when I press 'post quick reply' !!
Is that a fault in the forum?
Yes there is a bug but it's with the < and > symbol. If there is no space after the symbol then everything after it gets wiped! It's been reported some while ago but we don't expect a fix very soon
Old Jan 27th 2016, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, thanks for the clarification, that explains it.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

kebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David_Yang
We want to move out of KL

Have not been a couple of years to Penang, just read that the property prices have exploded even more than here.

Anyway, we want to rent. Any recommendations regarding a good Condo, well maintained, good facilities (pool, gym, sports) and in an area that is internet connected with minimum 10 Mbps?

Maybe some will shout immediately "You will not find anything for that price", but budget is RM 2000 for 2 or 3 bedroom
Two weeks ago they connected UniFi to Sea Range Tower and and Seaview Garden so you can have 30 Mbps internet connection and HyppTV. Sea Range Tower does not have great sports facilities but one of the best views of Penang. Seaview Garden has a really nice pool and good sports facilities. Its very quite and the units are either 1000 sqft or 1300 sqft. Both units can be rented within your budget. Another interesting condo for you could be Marina Bay. Stay away from Surin, Marina Tower, Waterfront etc. if you like to live with an open balcony door. If you want more info you could PM me.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the load of information. Many options sound good and I am happy to hear, that a budget of 2000 gives much more options than in KL. Where you can rent very cheap, but only if you stay away from CC and the public transport
Old Jan 30th 2016, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

montakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond repute

Stay away from Surin etc....if you like ...an open balcony door
...because of those long sermons broadcast over loudspeakers, I think you mean. With windows and doors closed, could you hear those sermons from inside a Surin unit?
Old Feb 1st 2016, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

kebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond reputekebi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montakute
...because of those long sermons broadcast over loudspeakers, I think you mean. With windows and doors closed, could you hear those sermons from inside a Surin unit?
Yes I stayed in Surin for a couple of month but the broadcasting of sermons, lectures etc was too much and I moved out. Sometimes it did not even help to close the balcony doors and windows.

Although I live now 1 km away from the mosque I can hear sometimes the lecture clearly and measured just recently with my Db-App 60 Db which is equal to a conversation of two people at a distance of 3 feet. Luckily my speakers are better than that but it is just a bit confusing if sometimes someone joins the conversation without being present.

60 dB 950 meters away means at the source of sound the levels would be 119dB which is higher than a chainsaw 1 m or Formula 1 car 30m and at a distance of 100 m (Marina Tower) like a Lorry (on you balcony).

I wrote a letter to the Mufti of Penang (attached) because he is in favor only to broadcast the call for the prayers.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Mufti Penang.doc (17.5 KB, 375 views)
Old Feb 1st 2016, 8:39 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kebi,

If you have an address where you sent this letter then other members may also want to write and add their voice.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

The Mufti Department is part of the Penang State Government and for more details one can visit: Laman Web Rasmi Jabatan Mufti - Home or write to Penang State Mufti Department, Level 48, KOMTAR, 10000 Penang or e-mail to [email protected]

The Mufti did not ban the use of loudspeakers but proposed not to use them other than for Azan and Iqamah (first and second call for payers). His proposal has been used by some quarters to make it a political issue and I think one need to be sensitive when commenting.

Here an interesting article: Perlis mufti defends Penang mosque loudspeaker ban - Nation | The Star Online