Possibly moving to KL in Oct

Possibly moving to KL in Oct

Old Aug 1st 2012, 3:55 am
Just Joined

Location: Brisbane - Pakistan - India - Dubai - Atlanta - Dubai - Kuala Lumpur
DeeDeee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possibly moving to KL in Oct

Hi guys,

My husband has been offered a transfer to KL from Dubai so we're working through the logistics.

I've read hundreds of posts on this forum and they've been very helpful but I'm struggling to figure out which location would be best to live in. We have 2 teenagers and 3 dogs so a house/villa is preferable. Hubby would be working in the Brickfields area and kids will hopefully go to AISM. Our housing budget is RM10,000/month.

Any suggestions for a location? Thanks for the help
Old Aug 1st 2012, 10:25 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possibly moving to KL in Oct

Hi DeeDee, and welcome to BE. Your housing budget sounds healthy; the problem being that the AISM and Brickfields are quite far apart from each other. Would you rather be closer to the school or to your husbands work?

Cheers
ajw
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ajw
Hi DeeDee, and welcome to BE. Your housing budget sounds healthy; the problem being that the AISM and Brickfields are quite far apart from each other. Would you rather be closer to the school or to your husbands work?

Cheers
ajw
Closer to school shewerly.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Definitely closer to school. Hubby will spend half his time traveling so it might as well be as convenient for me as possible

Thanks again
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 3:26 am
Just Joined

moer2237 is just really nicemoer2237 is just really nicemoer2237 is just really nicemoer2237 is just really nicemoer2237 is just really nicemoer2237 is just really nicemoer2237 is just really nicemoer2237 is just really nice

Just a suggestion, the closest to AISM would be around Bukit Gita Baru. It's relatively a new place.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 4:01 am
ajw

ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

DeeDee, how old are your kids out of interest? Old enough to get to and from by bus?

As a personal preference, I would rather be closer in to town where there is so much more going on than in the outer 'burbs.

Then again, some people don't mind..
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:19 am
ajw

If you don't mind being that far out you can also look at Country Heights, IOI resort and The Heritage. If you want to live closer in you could look at Seputeh or Bangsar.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your location suggestions, I'll check them out on the property websites.

My daughters are 15 & 13 so as far as location goes, it's more important for us to be near other teenagers than close to the city. We're trying to plan a look see vist for late August so I guess we'll get a better feel for the area then.

Thanks again
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:53 am
ajw

Great, good luck with it all.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 2:11 am
Just Joined

moer2237 is just really nicemoer2237 is just really nicemoer2237 is just really nicemoer2237 is just really nicemoer2237 is just really nicemoer2237 is just really nicemoer2237 is just really nicemoer2237 is just really nice

Good luck & all the best!
Old Aug 10th 2012, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Wysiwyg will become famous soon enoughWysiwyg will become famous soon enough

Out of interest DeeDeee what are the logistics for the dogs.... Coming from the UK to the sandpit was great as no quarantine required, not planningon departing just yet but looking at options for our next adventure.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

kenle is an unknown quantity at this point

you can find the houses here:

www.mudah.my
Old Sep 8th 2012, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Not sure what the dog logistics are yet. Our company have contracted an animal transport company to take care of the dogs. When I get more information I will let you know.

We're coming over to KL next weekend to take a look and moving out 2 weeks later. Kids start school on 9th October.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 8:48 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh - when you can put 7 locations under your name, you know that you are a seasoned expat All the best with the move. I'm sure you'll love it there.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

whybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nice

Hi there, I've just moved to KL from the UK and my two kids also start at AISM on 9th October, so may see you around? We're moving to Gita Bayu in December as we want to be closer to the kids school, we're currently living in Shah Alam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.