Netball team in KL...?

Old Dec 14th 2011, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

LivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to all
Default Netball team in KL...?

Hi - anyone know whether there are any ex-pat friendly netball teams/leagues in KL? I'm gutted to be parting company with my London league when we move out. An alternative might be for me to try to set up a league on my arrival if nothing does exist... so anyone interested, please do shout!
Old Dec 15th 2011, 3:44 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Netball team in KL...?

Hi LIVKL

Yes, there is one run by MANZA on Friday mornings, I think, close by to the Garden School. They are always looking for new players. You can get in touch with them thru this page http://www.manza.org/contact-us/
Old Dec 15th 2011, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

LivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to all

Brilliant, brilliant, thanks ajw you are a star!! Sounds silly but that news has made me feel just a tiny bit happier about coming to KL...not that I wasn't very happy already before! My other love is Iyengar yoga and I've already come across one place where I can join classes for that, so with netball too I'll be well away! Very amusing that the league is run by MANZA... I should have thought to check their site, seeing as the league I'm in here is also run by Aussies!
Old Dec 15th 2011, 8:28 am
ajw

ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

All us Aussie girls grow up doing netball at school

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The Manza girls are a good bunch.

ajw
Old Dec 15th 2011, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Yeah... that's what I've never understood - I grew up playing netball at school in the UK and always assumed all other schools here played it too... but apparently not! Very sad...
Old Dec 17th 2011, 9:24 am
ajw

I also saw an advert today in the Abwm weekly email about a netball league starting up, also at the Garden School. The Abwm is well worth joining. I loved their HelloKL course and met lots of great people through the association. http://www.abwm.com.my/ABWM_New/Home.html
Old Dec 17th 2011, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Another thank you, ajw! I had a look at the abwm site a while back but didn't clock their HelloKL course - that sounds like a pretty good idea for someone like me who won't be benefitting from any kind of "induction" through a pre-move employer... will add your note to my "to check out/remember when we arrive" list, which is growing pretty lengthy already, eek!